BoatBanter.com

-   -   Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/49010-delay-has-been-charged-criminal-conspiracy.html)

Jim Carter September 28th 05 05:49 PM

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy

News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

Bert Robbins September 28th 05 06:04 PM

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

Jim Carter September 28th 05 06:06 PM

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

What does a "ham sandwich" got to do with story and who other than you would
think that thought? I never said that Tom DeLay was guilty, I said he was
charged with count of criminal conspiracy.
Jim

[email protected] September 28th 05 06:36 PM

Bert Robbins wrote:
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

That's odd. The right wingers here constantly find politicians
instantly guilty of crimes that haven't been given due process.

What was Ted Kennedy found guilty of in the death of Mary Jo?

thunder September 28th 05 06:58 PM

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:04:08 -0400, Bert Robbins wrote:

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

Keep that thought. You are going to need it. The Plame indictments
are expected to come down next month. So, who do you think is next?
Libby? Rove? Bush?

Then there is the Frist investigation . . .

Bill McKee September 28th 05 07:38 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

That's odd. The right wingers here constantly find politicians
instantly guilty of crimes that haven't been given due process.

What was Ted Kennedy found guilty of in the death of Mary Jo?

Found guilty of having enough power and money to walk free.

Bert Robbins September 28th 05 08:22 PM

"Red Cloud©" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:04:08 -0400, "Bert Robbins"
wrote:

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Incorrect, but a very common and oft repeated misconception among the
illiterate.

Really? Care to explain?

Bert Robbins September 28th 05 08:26 PM

"thunder" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:04:08 -0400, Bert Robbins wrote:

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

Keep that thought. You are going to need it. The Plame indictments
are expected to come down next month. So, who do you think is next?
Libby? Rove? Bush?

Plame was not covert the time and had not been covert for more than five
years.

I believe that it will be Plame's husband the honorable acting Ambassador
that leaked her previous status to the media. Miller is protecting someone
other than Rove or Libby.

Then there is the Frist investigation . . .

Frist is an idiot and the Republicans in the Senate will do better without
him.

Curtis CCR September 28th 05 08:37 PM

Bert Robbins wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:04:08 -0400, Bert Robbins wrote:

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

Keep that thought. You are going to need it. The Plame indictments
are expected to come down next month. So, who do you think is next?
Libby? Rove? Bush?

Plame was not covert the time and had not been covert for more than five
years.

I believe that it will be Plame's husband the honorable acting Ambassador
that leaked her previous status to the media. Miller is protecting someone
other than Rove or Libby.

Agreed. I am still asking, "Indictments for what?"

Then there is the Frist investigation . . .

Frist is an idiot and the Republicans in the Senate will do better without
him.

Delay is bigger idiot. He has become the epitome of an insider that
detatched himself from reality. To wit, the recent stupidassed
statements he made about budget changes being looked at for hurricane
rebuilding.

Skipper September 28th 05 09:10 PM

--
Skipper