Bert Robbins wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Ed wrote:
And the democratic local leadership left 100s of school busses to flood
in NOLA while republican local leadership in Galveston used their busses
to evacuate over 90% of their population....

Stupidity, ineptitude, and getting things FUBAR are (sadly enough) not
limited to any one political party.

But rabid critisizms of one inept party exlcusively is dishonest.

As I am sure you consider yourself an honest man,
I will look forward to your impending criticisms of the right wing. :-)

There's one tough aspect about being politically "fair" when commenting
on some officials, such as the POTUS. There is only one party in office
at any given time. If you guys want to have the office, you need to be
willing to take the criticism that will be heaped on *any* occupant
thereof. Comes with the territory.

Starbuck

Chuck,

I agree that if one is to be considered an honest man it is important that
you do not place blame based upon ones political affiliation. That was my
point concerning those who want to absolve the massive failures of the New
Orleans and Louisiana government, just because they were democratic.

Since I consider you to be an honest man, I must have missed your criticism
of the local and state governments. The only post I saw from you concerning
this matter was criticism Bush and his administration.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Ed wrote:
And the democratic local leadership left 100s of school busses to
flood
in NOLA while republican local leadership in Galveston used their
busses
to evacuate over 90% of their population....

Stupidity, ineptitude, and getting things FUBAR are (sadly enough) not
limited to any one political party.

But rabid critisizms of one inept party exlcusively is dishonest.

As I am sure you consider yourself an honest man,
I will look forward to your impending criticisms of the right wing. :-)

There's one tough aspect about being politically "fair" when commenting
on some officials, such as the POTUS. There is only one party in office
at any given time. If you guys want to have the office, you need to be
willing to take the criticism that will be heaped on *any* occupant
thereof. Comes with the territory.

Bert Robbins

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Ed wrote:
And the democratic local leadership left 100s of school busses to
flood
in NOLA while republican local leadership in Galveston used their
busses
to evacuate over 90% of their population....

Stupidity, ineptitude, and getting things FUBAR are (sadly enough) not
limited to any one political party.

But rabid critisizms of one inept party exlcusively is dishonest.

As I am sure you consider yourself an honest man,
I will look forward to your impending criticisms of the right wing. :-)

Bush should have vetoed some spending bills in his first year. It would have

There's one tough aspect about being politically "fair" when commenting
on some officials, such as the POTUS. There is only one party in office
at any given time. If you guys want to have the office, you need to be
willing to take the criticism that will be heaped on *any* occupant
thereof. Comes with the territory.

With experience your get wisdom. That wisdom is based upon your personal
experience and some of the things that Pres. Bush is adamant about issues I
now find myself in disagreement with.

So, I do disagree with some of my party's platform, however, I disagree with
most if not all of the other party's platform.

Starbuck wrote:
Chuck,

I agree that if one is to be considered an honest man it is important that
you do not place blame based upon ones political affiliation. That was my
point concerning those who want to absolve the massive failures of the New
Orleans and Louisiana government, just because they were democratic.

Since I consider you to be an honest man, I must have missed your criticism
of the local and state governments. The only post I saw from you concerning
this matter was criticism Bush and his administration.

I'm not a Democrat, and I wouldn't have known whether the city or state
governments were primarily D or R. I believe that when all local
infrastructure is wiped out by an event the magnitude of Katrina, help
must be sent in from outside the area where there are still personnel,
systems, and supplies in place
to deal wtih the mess. The local govt. can't send in help from outside
its territory, and can't coordinate efforts between cities, counties,
or states with any authority. That is the role of the federal
government in a time of multi-jurisdictional disaster.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Ed wrote:
And the democratic local leadership left 100s of school busses to
flood
in NOLA while republican local leadership in Galveston used their
busses
to evacuate over 90% of their population....

Stupidity, ineptitude, and getting things FUBAR are (sadly enough) not
limited to any one political party.

But rabid critisizms of one inept party exlcusively is dishonest.

As I am sure you consider yourself an honest man,
I will look forward to your impending criticisms of the right wing. :-)

There's one tough aspect about being politically "fair" when commenting
on some officials, such as the POTUS. There is only one party in office
at any given time. If you guys want to have the office, you need to be
willing to take the criticism that will be heaped on *any* occupant
thereof. Comes with the territory.

PocoLoco

On 27 Sep 2005 20:35:24 -0700, wrote:

Starbuck wrote:
[...]

Should the feds just go charging in? The 82d Airborne was ready to go. Other
National Guard units were ready to go.

Should the fedgov 'take charge' immediately (especially when the local
government is disfunctional)?

Haven't we had this same discussion before? You keep making the point that the
feds should do this and that, but never address the 'when' .
--
John H

P Fritz

Starbuck wrote:
[...]

Chuckie may not be a "democrat": but he certainly is a far left leaning
liebral

--
John H

Doug Kanter

Starbuck wrote:
[...]

Aw shut the **** up, moron. Or, get yourself a new recording. The old one
was worn thin a year ago.

Starbuck

Chuck,
If we do not learn from our mistakes, we are destined to repeat them. The
local and state governments failed their citizens and need to learn from
their mistakes.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Starbuck wrote:
[...]

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Ed wrote:
[...]

Bert Robbins

Starbuck wrote:
[...]

I have to correct you. Chuckie is a progressive, whatever that means.