Bill McKee

Default Fishing and wine tasting.

Went up to a grape picking and wine charity sale for Cal Poly SLO
scholarships on Saturday. Rant on. Why is it people come to one of these
events, drink the free wine, etc, and then do not even buy one bottle?
Tacky. Rant off. Fished their pond, for bass. Landed about 3, lost about 4.
Mostly Senkos, and all about 1.5#. All in about 45 minutes of fishing. Was
fun. Stayed at Spanish Flat resort Sat night with the camper, and boated
today, fished for bass, drop shot. Landed 3, all a pound or less smallmouth.
Very windy until about 4:30. so fished where it was protected not where we
wanted to, main lake rock piles.

Bill McKee wrote:
Went up to a grape picking and wine charity sale for Cal Poly SLO
scholarships on Saturday. Rant on. Why is it people come to one of these
events, drink the free wine, etc, and then do not even buy one bottle?
Tacky. Rant off. Fished their pond, for bass. Landed about 3, lost about 4.
Mostly Senkos, and all about 1.5#. All in about 45 minutes of fishing. Was
fun. Stayed at Spanish Flat resort Sat night with the camper, and boated
today, fished for bass, drop shot. Landed 3, all a pound or less smallmouth.
Very windy until about 4:30. so fished where it was protected not where we
wanted to, main lake rock piles.

Why do people go to these affairs, and run out and fish the pond? Tacky.

Starbuck

My guess is they fish the pond because they like fishing, but I might be
wrong.

What is your guess Kevin?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
Went up to a grape picking and wine charity sale for Cal Poly SLO
scholarships on Saturday. Rant on. Why is it people come to one of these
events, drink the free wine, etc, and then do not even buy one bottle?
Tacky. Rant off. Fished their pond, for bass. Landed about 3, lost about
4.
Mostly Senkos, and all about 1.5#. All in about 45 minutes of fishing.
Was
fun. Stayed at Spanish Flat resort Sat night with the camper, and boated
today, fished for bass, drop shot. Landed 3, all a pound or less
smallmouth.
Very windy until about 4:30. so fished where it was protected not where
we
wanted to, main lake rock piles.

Why do people go to these affairs, and run out and fish the pond? Tacky.

Bill McKee

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
Went up to a grape picking and wine charity sale for Cal Poly SLO
scholarships on Saturday. Rant on. Why is it people come to one of these
events, drink the free wine, etc, and then do not even buy one bottle?
Tacky. Rant off. Fished their pond, for bass. Landed about 3, lost about
4.
Mostly Senkos, and all about 1.5#. All in about 45 minutes of fishing.
Was
fun. Stayed at Spanish Flat resort Sat night with the camper, and boated
today, fished for bass, drop shot. Landed 3, all a pound or less
smallmouth.
Very windy until about 4:30. so fished where it was protected not where
we
wanted to, main lake rock piles.

Why do people go to these affairs, and run out and fish the pond? Tacky.

Because I and the owner of the vineyard like to fish. And was after the
affair. We are also friends of the owners and go because we are invited.
My brother went to Cal Poly, but I went to SFSU. And what university did
you graduate from? You belong to the alummi association.

Bill McKee

Also I bought some wine. Is good wine, only $18 a bottle. His wine under
his label is $85 a bottle. Same grapes, a different bottler and fermentor.
Do you go to charity events and suck up the freebies, without buying?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
Went up to a grape picking and wine charity sale for Cal Poly SLO
scholarships on Saturday. Rant on. Why is it people come to one of these
events, drink the free wine, etc, and then do not even buy one bottle?
Tacky. Rant off. Fished their pond, for bass. Landed about 3, lost about
4.
Mostly Senkos, and all about 1.5#. All in about 45 minutes of fishing.
Was
fun. Stayed at Spanish Flat resort Sat night with the camper, and boated
today, fished for bass, drop shot. Landed 3, all a pound or less
smallmouth.
Very windy until about 4:30. so fished where it was protected not where
we
wanted to, main lake rock piles.

Why do people go to these affairs, and run out and fish the pond? Tacky.

P Fritz

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...
Also I bought some wine. Is good wine, only $18 a bottle. His wine under
his label is $85 a bottle. Same grapes, a different bottler and

fermentor.
Do you go to charity events and suck up the freebies, without buying?

Kevin is just jealous.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Starbuck wrote:
PS - Do you really not understand why it is tacky to go to a Charity Wine
Tasting Event and not but a bottle of wine?

Yes, I never said it wasn't tacky. Can't read well, can you? Do you
understand why it's tacky to go to a wine tasting, which is usually a
fairly classy gathering, and go fishing in the pond??

Do you also know that it's tacky to top post?

Starbuck

The answer to both questions is no.

It is not tacky to fish if the owner allows it.

It is not tacky to top posts, it is the manner in which my newsgroup reader
operates.

wrote in message
ups.com...

Starbuck wrote:
PS - Do you really not understand why it is tacky to go to a Charity
Wine
Tasting Event and not but a bottle of wine?

Yes, I never said it wasn't tacky. Can't read well, can you? Do you
understand why it's tacky to go to a wine tasting, which is usually a
fairly classy gathering, and go fishing in the pond??

Do you also know that it's tacky to top post?

Starbuck

Tom,
I use rec.boats, there is not way to change the method of posting.

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:36:04 -0400, "Starbuck"
wrote:

The answer to both questions is no.

And by no you mean?

It is not tacky to fish if the owner allows it.

There is a pizza place down in Killingly that has a nice little pond
where I have spent many a pleasant afternoon fishing for bass.

BIG BASS!!!! :)

Damn place never gets fished except for me.

It is not tacky to top posts, it is the manner in which my newsgroup
reader
operates.

Well, actually it is. Top posting is the default, but you can change
it to bottom post which is the true and proper newsgroup etiquette.

Has been since the email lists days.