NOYB

"thunder" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:21:51 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Which would, of course, erode the stranglehold that the Dems have on the
region's political offices.

You are probably right. Only a Republican would be dumb enough to go back
to live in a city below sea-level. ;-)

Only a Republican would be smart enough to build in one of the areas that
wasn't flooded during Katrina.

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:25:01 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

I have no complaints. If either family decides to settle in NE Florida,
I'll be glad to sell them the house, and the union will help them
arrange
a good mortgage. That would NOT be a NOYB mortgage!
You have to wonder how many of the displaced people, will not go back to
New Orleans. I would suspect that New Orleans will lose 20-30% of it's
population. That might be on that nitwit Nagins mind. The longer they
stay away, the less chance there is that they will go back.

Which would, of course, erode the stranglehold that the Dems have on the
region's political offices.

Not at all. I believe the GOP star reached its apex in 2004.

And my kids believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy.
Now matter how hard you believe, it will never make it true.

And I don't believe Dubya's less-dumb brother Jeb has a chance. The public
has had it with the Bush family.

My public or your public?

Don White

thunder wrote:
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:25:01 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

I have no complaints. If either family decides to settle in NE Florida,
I'll be glad to sell them the house, and the union will help them arrange
a good mortgage. That would NOT be a NOYB mortgage!

You have to wonder how many of the displaced people, will not go back to
New Orleans. I would suspect that New Orleans will lose 20-30% of it's
population. That might be on that nitwit Nagins mind. The longer they
stay away, the less chance there is that they will go back.

I wonder if he gets any state/federal monies based on population?
Don White

NOYB wrote:

Which would, of course, erode the stranglehold that the Dems have on the
region's political offices.

Why does politics have to enter into everything?
Don White

Starbuck wrote:
Don,
When you saw the floods in NO, and the people stranded there, it was the
Mayor's fault.

I was thinking it was an underbuilt levee system. There should have
been some kind of ditch on both sides running all the way to the Gulf.

NOYB

"Don White" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

Which would, of course, erode the stranglehold that the Dems have on the
region's political offices.

Why does politics have to enter into everything?

I just posted a possible reason as to why Nagin might want them back ASAP.

P Fritz

"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...

"Don White" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

Which would, of course, erode the stranglehold that the Dems have on

the
region's political offices.

Why does politics have to enter into everything?

I just posted a possible reason as to why Nagin might want them back ASAP.

Thaat has been discussed quite a bit in the news..........the majority of
people that have left the state are in the democrat
demographics.................the senate seats and govenor could be the first
to be affected, as well as a possible change in congressional districts.

Eisboch

Harry Krause wrote in message

Not at all. I believe the GOP star reached its apex in 2004. And I don't
believe Dubya's less-dumb brother Jeb has a chance. The public has had
it with the Bush family.

I don't know about that. I was watching brother Jeb laying out evacuation
plans and hurricane preparations on CNN. Unlike his brother, he is
coherent, articulate and can speak more than 20 words per minute without
losing his train of thought.

I've noticed, over the past three winter snowbirding adventures, that he is
very popular in Florida.

Eisboch

NOYB

"Eisboch" wrote in message

Harry Krause wrote in message

Not at all. I believe the GOP star reached its apex in 2004. And I don't
believe Dubya's less-dumb brother Jeb has a chance. The public has had
it with the Bush family.

I don't know about that. I was watching brother Jeb laying out evacuation
plans and hurricane preparations on CNN. Unlike his brother, he is
coherent, articulate and can speak more than 20 words per minute without
losing his train of thought.

I've noticed, over the past three winter snowbirding adventures, that he
is
very popular in Florida.

He's beyond "very popular". When the Dems thought that they had a shot at
unseating him in 2002, they sent the big guns (Clinton, Gore, Janet Reno,
and numerous celebrities) down here to support Bill McBride. Just a few
days before the election, the Democrat-leaning pollsters like Zogby had the
race as a toss-up. Jeb won by 13 points just a few days later.

As an added bonus, he's one of the original signatories of PNAC's 1997
Statement of Principles:
http://www.newamericancentury.org/st...principles.htm

He may not run in '08, but there's almost no doubt in my mind that he'll be
President one day.

Eisboch

Don White wrote in message
news
Starbuck wrote:
Don,
When you saw the floods in NO, and the people stranded there, it was the
Mayor's fault.

I was thinking it was an underbuilt levee system. There should have
been some kind of ditch on both sides running all the way to the Gulf.

Did you happen to catch the interview with the Army Corps of Engineers
commander?
A question was posed about the potential of Rita hitting NO and if the
damaged levies could withstand another CAT 3 storm. He said no, but, in the
event Rita hits, they planned to seal off the affected canals at both ends,
so no water could spill into and flood the city.

WTF is he talking about? And, if that works, why didn't they do that before
Katrina?

Eisboch