JGK

Default OT- Great Idea

Basic Concept is great I wonder why no one thought of it before!

Congresswoman Jo Ann Davis has introduced legislation that would require
that hospitals providing emergency care for illegal aliens be reimbursed
with a portion of the foreign aid earmarked for the patient's country. She
says "there's the hope with taking back money from those countries, they
would then put pressure and be stricter on their borders and not allow so
many illegals come across."

Davis says under current law an illegal alien's hospital bill is paid for
with U.S. healthcare funds. She says that's a "bad policy" and it should be
paid for with funds designated from the illegal alien's country of origin
where the responsibility lies.

For full article
http://www.rense.com/general53/cong.htm

Doug Kanter

Interesting idea. But, last year, an issue of the "The Economist" magazine
ran a story which contained something even more interesting: If we were to
somehow stop illegal aliens from working here and sending money to their
families in their native countries, we'd probably have to triple our aid to
those countries.

"JGK" wrote in message

Basic Concept is great I wonder why no one thought of it before!

Congresswoman Jo Ann Davis has introduced legislation that would require
that hospitals providing emergency care for illegal aliens be reimbursed
with a portion of the foreign aid earmarked for the patient's country. She
says "there's the hope with taking back money from those countries, they
would then put pressure and be stricter on their borders and not allow so
many illegals come across."

Davis says under current law an illegal alien's hospital bill is paid for
with U.S. healthcare funds. She says that's a "bad policy" and it should

be
paid for with funds designated from the illegal alien's country of origin
where the responsibility lies.

For full article
http://www.rense.com/general53/cong.htm

JGK

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Interesting idea. But, last year, an issue of the "The Economist" magazine
ran a story which contained something even more interesting: If we were to
somehow stop illegal aliens from working here and sending money to their
families in their native countries, we'd probably have to triple our aid

those countries.

Why? You see that's the problem, we don't owe other countries anything.
Actually the US should eliminate all foreign aid for two years..Use that
money in this country.
Then re-evaluate which countries get what. If they think we are the great
Satan, lets give them a reason to think that. Remember the old saying that
you can't buy friends.

Doug Kanter

"JGK" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Interesting idea. But, last year, an issue of the "The Economist"

magazine
ran a story which contained something even more interesting: If we were

somehow stop illegal aliens from working here and sending money to their
families in their native countries, we'd probably have to triple our aid

those countries.

Why? You see that's the problem, we don't owe other countries anything.
Actually the US should eliminate all foreign aid for two years..Use that
money in this country.
Then re-evaluate which countries get what. If they think we are the great
Satan, lets give them a reason to think that. Remember the old saying

that
you can't buy friends.

Perhaps you've heard that much of the unrest in ***AMERICAN*** inner
cities comes from people who feel disenfranchised. If you blamed their
condition on their parents (or lack thereof), you'd probably be correct, but
it doesn't change their condition. Now, transfer this to other countries,
and pay attention to what REAL people say about terrorism. If we send a few
hundred million dollars to certain countries and it's used wisely, it may
buy us allies we might need at a later date.

Combine that thought with this: A couple of months ago, Time Magazine
reported that our government has found connections between Al Qaeda and
other terrorist groups like the Irish Republican Army, and the FARQ (in
Colombia). Do you need me to extrapolate for you, or can you see why money
flowing out of the U.S. isn't such a bad thing?

JGK

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

If we send a few hundred million dollars to certain countries and it's

used wisely, it may
buy us allies we might need at a later date.

1. Still Can't buy Friends
2. This is pretty close to extortion. We'll pay you to be nice to us.
3. In the last hundred or so years have we done anything wisely with money
we give to other countries. Seems that other than setting up a dictator or
two for life, the money never seems to get where it is needed.

Combine that thought with this: A couple of months ago, Time Magazine
reported that our government has found connections between Al Qaeda and
other terrorist groups like the Irish Republican Army, and the FARQ (in
Colombia). Do you need me to extrapolate for you, or can you see why money
flowing out of the U.S. isn't such a bad thing?

So you are saying we couldn't spend the money wisely in the US for homeland
security, but we can spend it wisely by giving it away to foriegn dictators?
Seems that the amount of money spent in foriegn aid could be well used in
beefing up the boarders and security checks on people traveling to
questionable countries.

Doug Kanter

"JGK" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Well, let's loop back to my first response. If illegal aliens send money
back to their families, and that enables 3 cousins to go to college instead
of getting involved with street gangs, or worse, an organization like the
FARQ (Colombia), hasn't the money done something good? Turn a blind eye to
the illegal alien status and their money displaces funds the government
would probably spend.

You're right when you say that we shouldn't have to try and buy allies. But,
if we don't, someone else will. This game was invented by us and the USSR
and we're probably stuck with it. I think the USSR has been replaced by drug
cartels and perhaps political terrorist groups. The latter appeal to teenage
males who, at that age, are psychologically ripe for blowing things up as a
solution to their problems. No different than inner city kids here who think
it's cool to be initiated into a street gang by being required to kill a
complete stranger.

My part to help out our Great President! jps General 2 May 18th 04 03:33 AM
( OT ) The great escape Jim General 0 March 11th 04 05:12 AM
A Dickens Christmas Harry Krause General 0 December 25th 03 11:30 AM
Some GREAT news for today -- little off topic, but nice! JohnH General 0 December 22nd 03 02:24 AM
Great weekend Paul General 3 September 16th 03 08:30 PM