Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ken Fortenberry

Default Newbie Northern Ontario

I'm starting to plan a canoe trip to Northern Ontario
for August/September 2006. We're experienced canoe
trippers with all our own gear and a healthy aversion
to risky whitewater.

Right now I'm looking at the Severn, the Winisk, the
Albany and the Sutton. Any first hand info on these
rivers would be appreciated, especially pointers to
really cheap air services.

This trip is mainly a quest for a really, really big
brook trout on a fly rod, so any recommendations for
a good taxidermist in Pickle Lake, Sioux Lookout, etc
appreciated also.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ken Fortenberry