*JimH*

Default So........................

...........(be honest)..........what have you dropped into the water this
boating season..........and lost?

Nothing for me this year as we just got back into it last month. ;-)

Jack Redington

*JimH* wrote:

..........(be honest)..........what have you dropped into the water this
boating season..........and lost?

Nothing for me this year as we just got back into it last month. ;-)

Just a open-end wrench (1/2 inch I believe) But there is a history that
goes back to about 1970 that include many items. :-)

The wife almost lost the cell phone, but it stopped at the edge of the dock.

Capt Jack R..

William Bruce

Have you figured out why the little boat you boat was missing its hour
meter?

Krause, your sentence makes no sense. But then, I guess we've all learned
that you hardly ever make any sense.

Cheers.

William

*JimH* wrote:
..........(be honest)..........what have you dropped into the water this
boating season..........and lost?

Nothing for me this year as we just got back into it last month. ;-)

Nothing this year, but I once had a funny/stupid/embarrassing thing
happen.
I was out taking notes aboard a new boat for one of the magazine's Sea
Trial articles. I never write anything down, nobody can read my
handwriting-self included. I just dictate into a little "microcassette"
recorder. I made a lot of notes and observation about GPS readings and
Flo-Scan readings at various RPM's, etc. I had one side of the tape
jammed full of facts and figures.

We were returning to the dock, and I thought I would help with the
lines.
Put the little tape recorder in my shirt pocket, bent down to gather a
stern line, and "splash!"........there went the notes. Sometimes the
finished article will have a greater or lesser amount of technical
detail included. That particular month was one with "lesser". :-)

*JimH* wrote:
..........(be honest)..........what have you dropped into the water this
boating season..........and lost?

Nothing for me this year as we just got back into it last month. ;-)

Lost the contents of my wallet on the dock....not the wallet just the
contents. The license and business cards float....AMEX and debit cards
DO NOT...even went swimming to find it with no avail..

Starbuck's

I use them to stop the screw pin from unscrewing from the shackle. I put
the zip tie into the hole in the screw pin and the link of the chain. It
stops the screw pin from being able to turn.

Here is a picture of the shackles and screw pins.

http://www.labsafety.com/store/produ...&parent_id=118

. ..

*JimH* wrote:
..........(be honest)..........what have you dropped into the water
this boating season..........and lost?

Nothing for me this year as we just got back into it last month. ;-)
Just a open-end wrench (1/2 inch I believe) But there is a history that
goes back to about 1970 that include many items. :-)

The wife almost lost the cell phone, but it stopped at the edge of the
dock.

Capt Jack R..

Don White

Starbuck's wrote:
I use them to stop the screw pin from unscrewing from the shackle. I put
the zip tie into the hole in the screw pin and the link of the chain. It
stops the screw pin from being able to turn.

Here is a picture of the shackles and screw pins.

http://www.labsafety.com/store/produ...&parent_id=118

I probably still have a small roll of galvanized wire kicking around for
that purpose.
Starbuck's

Don,
I think most people use galvanized wire, I use the plastic zip locks because
it does not scratch my bow pulpit as I retrieve the anchor. More
importantly, it will not impale my hand as I am washing around the anchor.