Dry

Default On Topic I hope

Cobra outdrives will not tilt up, I hear a click in the engine
compartment when I hit the lift switch but zip happens. They both lifted
before I wintered the boat. Any suggestions on a fix? Thanks. John
JamesgangNC

Most tilt systems use relays at the pump to handle the larger current
requirement of the pump. Thety are similar to ford starter relays if you've
worked on cars. The contacts often corrode or burn and stop passing
current. The relay pulls so you hear a click. If the pump still runs when
you try to tilt down then the pump is probably good. On the other hand if
it clicks both up and down that might be the pump.

"Dry" wrote in message
Cobra outdrives will not tilt up, I hear a click in the engine
compartment when I hit the lift switch but zip happens. They both lifted
before I wintered the boat. Any suggestions on a fix? Thanks. John

Gary Warner

"Dry" wrote in message
Cobra outdrives will not tilt up, I hear a click in the engine
compartment when I hit the lift switch but zip happens. They both lifted
before I wintered the boat. Any suggestions on a fix? Thanks. John

Aren't there also relief valve screws on the hydraculics? Is it possible
that in winterizing these got loosened for some reason?

JamesgangNC

I'm assuming he can tell the difference between the relays clicking and the
pump actually running. If a pressure relief was the problem the pump would
be running.

"Gary Warner" wrote in message

"Dry" wrote in message
Cobra outdrives will not tilt up, I hear a click in the engine
compartment when I hit the lift switch but zip happens. They both lifted
before I wintered the boat. Any suggestions on a fix? Thanks. John

Aren't there also relief valve screws on the hydraculics? Is it possible
that in winterizing these got loosened for some reason?

Today's GOOD news! (a little off topic) JohnH General 19 December 22nd 03 06:07 PM
Some GREAT news for today -- little off topic, but nice! JohnH General 0 December 22nd 03 02:24 AM
on topic/off topic same ole General 2 December 10th 03 01:02 AM
Bob Hope dead at 100 Clams Canino General 2 July 29th 03 03:22 AM