Default 1977 85hp johnson wont stay running

I have a 1977 85hp johnson outboard motor that starts everytime with choke
but dies in about 5-10 sec. We put a new power pack on it because it wasnt
recieving spark on the right side cylinders. Its a 4 cylinder. But it has
the exact same problems nothing changed at all. Please help!!!!

Jim M

wrote in
ink.net:

I have a 1977 85hp johnson outboard motor that starts everytime with
choke but dies in about 5-10 sec. We put a new power pack on it
because it wasnt recieving spark on the right side cylinders. Its a 4
cylinder. But it has the exact same problems nothing changed at all.
Please help!!!!

are you sure the right side did not have a spark? how does it run for
those few seconds? Sounds like a carb / fuel problem to me.

Sorry not to be of more help, I have the same motor and your post caught my
eye (mine runs fine). I do have all of the shop manuals should you need
any specific info.