Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Kevin Falconer

Default evinrude, shafts frozen tilt motor unit ?

I have a 1996 48hp evinrude on a pontoon, I need to replace my tilt
motor
but I am unable to get the shafts that hold the top and bottom of the
assembly
removed in order to remove the assembly. Do these pins go through
steel or is most of this stuff aluminum, if aluminum is heating and
pounding these pins
our a reasonable approach ? I think the hydraulics are fine, the motor
just
buzzes a bit but doesn't turn. I got a price of about 250.00 for the
motor but
i'd like to save another 250 in labor if I can do it myself, yet I
dont want
to get in over my head ? Thanks in advance for any tips or
suggestions.
BTW, this is a sal****er boat.

Kevin Falconer Fort Myers, FL