Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Starbucks

Default http://hurricanehousing.org/

For the past week, I have been working with a church organization assisting
those displaced by the hurricane to find temporary housing.

The need for temporary housing is overwhelming all relief agency's. While
it is a popular pastime to point fingers, and blame politicians, it does
nothing to resolve the problem. The government will not be able to solve
this problem on their own, it is going to take the efforts of all Americans.

Here are two web sites were you can volunteer to offer temporary housing for
hurricane refugees. If you don't have a extra bed or room, you can donate
money to assist those devastated by an act of nature.

http://hurricanehousing.org/

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/hhh/

I know many people are upset with the Red Cross's bureaucracy and refuse to
contribute to that organization. Here are some other charities who are
helping to make a difference in people's lives. They desperately need your
help.

http://www1.salvationarmy.org/

http://www.catholicrelief.org/

http://www.ujc.org/