PocoLoco

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 23:39:12 GMT, "Bryan" wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Dan Krueger wrote:
The only "rituals" seem to be for renaming a boat that was pre-owned.
It's a superstition so follow your own rules. Simple text is cheap,
custom graphics like Harry has are quite a bit more unless they are stock
graphics.

Dan

Bryan wrote:

My daughter wants to put her name for our little boat on the boat.

What are freshwater boat naming rituals?
What heading do I look under in the yellow pages for someone that can do
the graphics?

As "expensive" graphics go, mine weren't.

Well, they might charge me more since my boat is only a freshwater boat! ;-)

Just don't name it anything 'salty'. You'll save money!
--
John H

Misifus

Bryan wrote:

My daughter wants to put her name for our little boat on the boat.

What are freshwater boat naming rituals?
What heading do I look under in the yellow pages for someone that can do the
graphics?

I would advise against slamming the bow with a bottle of
champers. Can really do a lot of damage.

-Raf

--
Misifus-
Rafael Seibert

http://www.ralphandsue.com
Bryan

Bryan wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Nice touch with the skull and cross bones. My daughter wants to name our
boat ChatterBox (after herself). Can't think of a good image to go with
the name. Any G rated ideas?

A cartoon of the girl in question, of course.

Brilliant!

Bryan

Bryan wrote:

My daughter wants to put her name for our little boat on the boat.

What are freshwater boat naming rituals?
What heading do I look under in the yellow pages for someone that can do
the graphics?

Here's a general ceremony.
note; Christening ceremony at end.
http://www.48north.com/mr_offline/denaming.htm

Thank you. This is more like it!

Bryan

"Misifus" wrote in message
Bryan wrote:

My daughter wants to put her name for our little boat on the boat.

What are freshwater boat naming rituals?
What heading do I look under in the yellow pages for someone that can do
the graphics?

I would advise against slamming the bow with a bottle of champers. Can
really do a lot of damage.

I think a love tap followed with a spray of bubbly will do.
Thanks.

Misifus

Bryan wrote:

My daughter wants to put her name for our little boat on the boat.

What are freshwater boat naming rituals?
What heading do I look under in the yellow pages for someone that can do
the graphics?

I would advise against slamming the bow with a bottle of champers. Can
really do a lot of damage.

I think a love tap followed with a spray of bubbly will do.
Thanks.

Well, I've seen those newreel images of some woman trying to
christen a large ship and not being able to break the bottle.
They're pretty tough bottles. g

-Raf

--
Misifus-
Rafael Seibert

http://www.ralphandsue.com
Garth Almgren

Around 9/4/2005 8:20 AM, Misifus wrote:

Well, I've seen those newreel images of some woman trying to christen a
large ship and not being able to break the bottle. They're pretty tough
bottles. g

Nah, they make special christening bottles now, with pre-scored glass
and a net to catch the broken shards.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...1/10001/151851

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
Bryan

"Garth Almgren" wrote in message
Around 9/4/2005 8:20 AM, Misifus wrote:

Well, I've seen those newreel images of some woman trying to christen a
large ship and not being able to break the bottle. They're pretty tough
bottles. g

Nah, they make special christening bottles now, with pre-scored glass
and a net to catch the broken shards.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...1/10001/151851

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing about in boats."
-Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

Understood, but I"m pretty sure I still don't want to whack my fiberglass
boat with a bottle, scored or not! Maybe a boat made of steel, but not
fiberglass.

Bryan

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 15:39:42 -0700, Garth Almgren
wrote:

Around 9/4/2005 8:20 AM, Misifus wrote:

Well, I've seen those newreel images of some woman trying to christen a
large ship and not being able to break the bottle. They're pretty tough
bottles. g

Nah, they make special christening bottles now, with pre-scored glass
and a net to catch the broken shards.

Hell, just use a long neck Lone Star and have at it.

You know, I haven't had a Lone Star Long Neck since the day before I turned
18 when I walked into a San Antonio liquor store (you know the ones with
drive up window for beer and ammo) and told the clerk "tomorrow" would be my
18th birthday, but I just visiting and could I buy a 6 for me and my
friends. He said, are your friends from Texas (my license showed I was from
California) and I said yeah. And he said here you go, happy birthday.
We're talking a few decades back!

Don White

Bryan wrote:
"Garth Almgren" wrote in message

Around 9/4/2005 8:20 AM, Misifus wrote:

Well, I've seen those newreel images of some woman trying to christen a
large ship and not being able to break the bottle. They're pretty tough
bottles. g

Nah, they make special christening bottles now, with pre-scored glass
and a net to catch the broken shards.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...1/10001/151851

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing about in boats."
-Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

Understood, but I"m pretty sure I still don't want to whack my fiberglass
boat with a bottle, scored or not! Maybe a boat made of steel, but not
fiberglass.

On small boats, you pour the bubbly over the bow.