rbstern

Default 1999 Johnson silver/gray outboard paint

Hi all. Long time since last post. Hope all the usual rec.boats
suspects are doing ok.

I'm in the middle of a mild restoration project, a 1999 Sprint fish and
ski that was somewhat neglected. The Johnson 200 hanging off the back
has some faded paint from sun exposure and edge wear from a ski-rope
rubbing the top of the cowl. The paint on the sides is still glossly
and the decals are in good shape. I want to see if a can of the
correct spray can get the top of the cowl back to presentable
condition.

Having trouble locating this color of paint. It's the silver/light
gray that OMC used for Johnson motors just before they went belly up.
Can anyone tell me what color they call that paint, and where I can
find it?

Thanks!

rbstern

bump...anyone?

rbstern

Harry Krause wrote:
No. I bought a can of spray paint for my Yamaha's lower unit this week,
and found that that Yamaha apparent has gotten out of the retail sale of
its paint, and recommends other brands. You might try that route, and
check a chart at BOAT/US or West or suchlike.

Already tried that. Nobody at retail seems to know. Perhaps a call to
Bombardier will turn up an answer. Thanks.