BoatBanter.com

-   -   Rotten Day with my boat, still better than a day at work! (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/47748-rotten-day-my-boat-still-better-than-day-work.html)

Bryan August 29th 05 06:48 AM

Rotten Day with my boat, still better than a day at work!

So, I'm a believer now that the worst day with my boat is still better than
my best day at work.
It's the last day of summer before school starts, so I took my daughter and
a few of her friends to the lake.

The first thing I did was drag my skeg in my driveway; oh, you're supposed
to raise the prop before trailering?
The second thing I did was get whacked in the face with a bungee cord that
my daughter let fly. Blood everywhere, a knot on my cheek and a black eye,
broken sunglasses, and worst of all my daughter still feels rotten no matter
how many times I tell her it's ok.
Third, you know those trees I asked about in another thread, well, I ran
into one (no damage and I'm not even going to try to explain).
Then, remember that anchor I didn't want to lose to the trees, well, in a
treeless area I lost my brand new anchor. It just fell off the chain. I
dropped anchor in a treeless part of the lake so the kids could swim. We
kept drifting so I pulled the anchor up, actually just the rode and chain.
Well, that explained the lack of weight at the other end.
And still, I can't wait to go out again with the kids; darn this interfering
school stuff!

90 degrees or more with refreshing water temps and four 11 year old girls
having a great time at the lake. Saw some wildlife (woodpecker, squirrel)
and top-feeding bass; the girls loved it. This boating thing is addictive!
The worst day is better than a day at work.

Charles T. Low August 29th 05 11:31 AM

And now you know to tie the anchor rode shackle pins with a piece of wire.
(I first learned that in a boating course, so didn't have to make the error
myself ... or at least, haven't made it yet!)

Charles

====

Charles T. Low
www.boatdocking.com

====

m...

Doug Kanter August 29th 05 12:05 PM

No squirrels at home???

Bryan August 29th 05 01:05 PM

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
No squirrels at home???

Rats. Mice. Opossum. Skunk. Crow. Geese. Pigeon. Dove. Egret.
That's our suburban backyard. Some call it wildlife. Some call it suburban
wildlife. With the exception of the egrets, I just call it pests. The lake
is a wilderness area compared to our suburban life, so the kids aren't used
to seeing animals in their natural habitat. Oh yeah, and I haven't seen a
squirrel in the 10 years I've lived here.

Gary August 29th 05 01:50 PM

"Charles T. Low" [withoutUN] wrote in message
wsgroups.com...
And now you know to tie the anchor rode shackle pins with a piece of wire.
(I first learned that in a boating course, so didn't have to make the
error myself ... or at least, haven't made it yet!)

Charles

Or instead of wire a zip tie works well
and doesn't rust.