Cliff

Default OT - Federalist

On 22 Aug 2005 05:21:14 GMT, D Murphy wrote:

Guido wrote in news:de9rda$7a8$1$8302bc10
:

Gunner wrote:

Oh oh...seems that the British Gun Ban isnt working. So much for the
Uk being the model for Gun Control, eh wot?

Its working very well. Since the ban there hasn't been anyone bursting
into schools shooting the kids, nor into workplaces shooting their
colleagues.

The worst mass murders of that sort don't involve firearms. Bombs and fire
are the weapons of choice when you want to kill a lot of people.

The neocons know this well.

Unfortunately, it's probably only a matter of time.

The new nuclear arms races being a case in point.
But they can make a quick buck now ....

The US is the worlds largest arms dealer.
Pakistan & India are now both armed with Nukes. Others
too, no doubt.
The neocons are pleased.

Biologicals are probably cheaper ... someone will note this ...
--
Cliff
Thomas Nulla

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:57:48 -0400, Cliff wrote:

Biologicals are probably cheaper ... someone will note this ...

Much cheaper...much easier to conceal...potentially much more lethal.

As long as the terrorists stick to just blowing things up, we can survive
them. Even a nuke or two.

But a single terrorist, already infected with, say, a long-incubation
airborne strain of Ebola takes a cruise on a huge luxury liner. The
passengers disembark and disperse throughout the world before the first
symptoms appear...

I only hope our bio research is well-funded and staffed.

--
Thomas

"Driven by fear, we have succumbed to the age-old temptation to sacrifice
liberty on the pretense of obtaining security. Love of security, unfortu-
nately, all too often vanquishes love of liberty." Rep. Ron Paul, R-TX