Default Mercruiser 5.6L melting sparkplug electrodes

Srange behavior here. 1988 5.7L Alpha One is melting about 5 spark plug
electrodes. Have tested everything we can think of. Any ideas? Thanks.

Woodchuck

timing, fuel flow, or vacuum leaks!

wrote in message
ups.com...
Srange behavior here. 1988 5.7L Alpha One is melting about 5 spark plug
electrodes. Have tested everything we can think of. Any ideas? Thanks.

Butch Davis

Also worth checking is the heat range of the plugs you are using. Make sure
the plugs are those called for in the Mercruiser Manual not the GM Manual.
They could be the same but likely are not.

Butch
"Woodchuck" wrote in message
timing, fuel flow, or vacuum leaks!

wrote in message
ups.com...
Srange behavior here. 1988 5.7L Alpha One is melting about 5 spark plug
electrodes. Have tested everything we can think of. Any ideas? Thanks.

Thanks guys. Fule pressure checked with guage is fine. Carb recently
rebuilt. Vacuum is normal at start up but does drop significantly at
4000 rpm. Any other ideas. All fuel lines have been checked and fuel
pressure is right on. Strange stuff. Thanks for your help.

JR North

She's lean, dude. Also, may be incorrect plug heat range, incorrect
timing advance curve contributing. Better fix it right away, before your
motor melts down.
JR

wrote:
Srange behavior here. 1988 5.7L Alpha One is melting about 5 spark plug
electrodes. Have tested everything we can think of. Any ideas? Thanks.

Home Page:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth