SoFarrell

Default Fishing

Anyone discussing this? I don't want to wade through 4000000000 posts .

Sure...

I'm someone from your credit card company. Please send me you account
number and PIN code so I'll be able to assist you.

Oh wait, wrong kind. Never mind...

"SoFarrell" wrote in message
news:1123274127.ced9754adda6128d7eb50799477609b0@t eranews...
Anyone discussing this? I don't want to wade through 4000000000 posts .

Doug Kanter

"SoFarrell" wrote in message
news:1123274127.ced9754adda6128d7eb50799477609b0@t eranews...
Anyone discussing this? I don't want to wade through 4000000000 posts .

My son doesn't want to go fishing tonight and I do. Do I duct tape him into
a bundle and just throw him in the boat? He's 16. Big bundle.

Don White

Doug Kanter wrote:
"SoFarrell" wrote in message
news:1123274127.ced9754adda6128d7eb50799477609b0@t eranews...

Anyone discussing this? I don't want to wade through 4000000000 posts .

My son doesn't want to go fishing tonight and I do. Do I duct tape him into
a bundle and just throw him in the boat? He's 16. Big bundle.

I can remember my son hiding on me at the yacht club. He just didn't
want to go sailing on my 17' Siren and would hide behind the dumpster,
telephone poles, boats on their cradles. cars etc. Just got to be too
time consuming chasing around looking for him each time.
It may have been because he chipped his new front teeth of the keel
trunk one day when a gust of wind pushed us over.
*JimH*

"SoFarrell" wrote in message
news:1123274127.ced9754adda6128d7eb50799477609b0@t eranews...
Anyone discussing this? I don't want to wade through 4000000000 posts .

http://tinyurl.com/b64p4 Talk to me. ;-)

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:35:23 -0400, "SoFarrell"
wrote:

Anyone discussing this? I don't want to wade through 4000000000 posts .

Quite a bit lately in fact.

I've been doing quite well in sweet water and as to salt, my Contender
is pulling in some decent bucks on the different NE tournament trails.
I've fished it a few times and my fishing partner has run more than I
have - we're both doing well in that sense.

How about you?

NOYB

"SoFarrell" wrote in message
news:1123274127.ced9754adda6128d7eb50799477609b0@t eranews...
Anyone discussing this? I don't want to wade through 4000000000 posts .

Went today with the kids. Netted up some white bait off Barefoot Beach and
headed out to a nearshore reef out about 3 miles. My older son and I caught
a few keeper snapper, a couple of spanish macks, and several undersized gag
grouper. We then decided to move back inshore to fish the pass for a snook.
The current was ripping through there at about 5-6 knots, and it was hard to
hold position. I kept the boat in slow forward postion while my 5 1/2 son
was casting a shiner out. He got a big hit that pulled some drag but then
broke him off. Some idiot in a Century must have seen him fighting the
fish, because he tried anchoring up current about 50 feet from me. Dumbass.
There was no way an anchor would have held in that current. He of course
broke loose and came difting at me. In an attempt to keep him from
slamming into me, I cut the wheel to port and slowly moved forward just as
12 PWC's came shooting through the pass rocking me side to side. I got on
the throttle too hard and sent my son stumbling backward, until he fell and
hit the back of his head on the steering mechanism on the outboard. This
of course scared the **** out of me. I iced his head and had my wife meet
me at one of the boat ramps nearby. She picked him up and took him to the
ER, since the knot on the back of his head grew to the size of a small
orange. The doc ordered a CT scan as a precaution, and it thankfully came
back negative.

I met them at the hospital, and my son's first words were "when I get
better, can we go back out fishing again?" His second question was "I
didn't dent your boat, did I?"

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:52:06 -0400, "NOYB" wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

He got a big hit that pulled some drag but then
broke him off. Some idiot in a Century must have seen him fighting the
fish, because he tried anchoring up current about 50 feet from me. Dumbass.

Glad to hear your boy is ok - those kind of things are scary.

I've had similar experiences, but the best one was fishing Lord's
Passage on the Westerly Reef off the Westerly USCG station. I was
fishing East of the reef and on the other side of the channel - the
reef was between me and the channel.

I latched onto a really nice mahi and some clown in a big Whaler
rigged for offshore, cut out of the channel headed towards me just as
a wave lifted off the reef. He went up, went down and stayed down
hitting the reef so hard, his hull caught up on the rocks. A minute
or so later, all you saw was three guys sitting on the T-top rocking
back and forth as the boat was swamped and bouncing up and down on the
reef.

I took pity on them and got them off the T-top by using a rescue bag
and throwing over life preservers - I wasn't about to try and get next
to them. They wanted to get rescued, they were gonna have to swim -
with a little assistance.

Dumbasses.
*JimH*

"NOYB" wrote in message

"SoFarrell" wrote in message
[...]

Holy cow NOYB! I did not catch this post.

Thank goodness your son is OK!! What wonderful things our kids say even
when they are the victims of incidents they have no control over.

Damn the folks who don't know or respect the rules of the road. Obviously
they could have caused substantial injuries if you did not react properly.

Did they come back to see if everything was OK?