Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
PG

Default Sore Heels

I've been bitten by the kayak bug (1 year now), and have been working up to
do longer day trips. Last saturday, I did a 32 km (20 mile) ride, but at
the end my heels were really sore. I've adjusted my foot pedals so that my
knees are just inside the cowling (for bracing), with the balls of my feet
on the pedals, and the heels on the floor. After the fourth hour, the heels
were hurting a lot, and I periodically had to straighten my legs (stretching
them between the foot pedals) to relieve the pressure. What's the problem -
the fit, my foot positioning, or something else?