Tom

Default Grandkids story

Having the grand kids around is such a blast. Took them out fishing
Sunday - surf was calm so we went through the cut and drifted in the
surf. Baited their hooks with shrimp and cast for them then handed
them the rods (granddaughter is 3, grandson is 6). Each cast my
granddaughter would reel in her line and get excited that she caught a
shrimp - caught one on every cast - man is she good. Grandson was
fascinated with the crab traps and wanted to take one home for a pet -
promised to take real good care of it. I, of course, said that would
be fine and we could rig up an ice chest to get it home until his dad
set up an aquarium. Needless to say, my son was ready to kill me -
especially since he is supposed to be moving into a new house next
week and the last thing he needs is another "pet to move". Thanks for
indulging me - they're just too much fun to keep to yourself.
*JimH*

"Tom" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the story Tom. The simple things in life are sometimes indeed
the best.

You showed joyful memories that your grandkids will never forget....and
those are the best. ;-)

Misifus

I took my eldest grandson fishing in Maine when he was four.
When he caught his first fish, a little sunfish, he lost all
interest in further fishing. He just wanted to play with the fish.

After about an hour the little thing was very dead, very dry,
dusty and stiff as a board. Then he wanted to put it back and
watch it swim.

I let him try so he would learn about how things die, and when it
was apparent that the fish wasn't going to swim again, he
remembered that his grandma had promised to cook his fish for him
to eat.

That meant, I told him, that we needed to catch another fish.
The first one wasn't good any longer. This time he succeeded in
catching several and we let grandma cook them for him.

In a few weeks he goes off to college. My, how time flies.

-Raf

--
Misifus-
Rafael Seibert

http://www.ralphandsue.com
Tom

I let him try so he would learn about how things die, and when it
was apparent that the fish wasn't going to swim again, he
remembered that his grandma had promised to cook his fish for him
to eat.

That meant, I told him, that we needed to catch another fish.
The first one wasn't good any longer. This time he succeeded in
catching several and we let grandma cook them for him.

In a few weeks he goes off to college. My, how time flies.

Aren't memories wonderful? I have a picture of my son (these kids dad)
when he was less than two years old looking down the mouth of a
Speckled Trout. He was absolutely fascinated with animals - I thought
sure he would become a vet.

INFO FOR NEWBIES Capt. Mooron ASA 20 March 19th 05 03:20 AM
OT - Where is the lie? (especially for jcs) jps General 33 July 28th 03 12:56 AM