joe

Default 25 hp Mercury OB idles great but will not rev up

I have a 2002 25 HP mecury OB that starts great and idles fine but when
trying to accelerate will not rev up. As the RPM's start to increase it
acts like I am turning off the gas. It will stall if I don't return to
the idle position. It works up to about 1/4 thottle or about 1500 RPM.I
claend the filter. The gas gets to the filter when I pup the bulb in
the line.Any help would be great

sherwindu

Just a guess, but your high speed jet may be blocked. Also, your carb float may
be stuck in it's top position, effectively shutting off the flow of fuel and causing a
fuel starvation problem.

Sherwin D.

OT Rhogam Moms Kevysmom ASA 24 March 9th 05 06:36 AM
US opposes treaty to ban mercury Frederick Burroughs General 0 February 26th 05 03:32 AM
Mercury outboard products are defective!!!! [email protected] General 12 February 16th 05 04:48 PM
Mercury outboard products are defective!!!! [email protected] General 0 February 11th 05 08:31 PM
Mercury outboard products are defective!!!! [email protected] Boat Building 0 February 11th 05 08:29 PM