ed

Default OT Every have a day like this ?

Have you every had just one of those days ? Yesterday morning I found I had
a water leak at the meter, so I called the city to see if its on my side of
the meter or on there side. Then I get home from work to find out that
someone stole my gas bbq off my back deck.....The only good thing is the
propane take was empty ........Still waiting on the city to come out lol

I may be way off here, but here goes...

Is it possible it was the city worker's first day on the job when he came
out to your house? Maybe he confused your bbq for the water meter - and
when he saw that it just "hissed" when he turned it on, figured it must be
broken. That would explain why he took it back to the central office to
work on it.

Nah, probably not.

ed wrote:
Have you every had just one of those days ? Yesterday morning I found I had
a water leak at the meter, so I called the city to see if its on my side of
the meter or on there side. Then I get home from work to find out that
someone stole my gas bbq off my back deck.....The only good thing is the
propane take was empty ........Still waiting on the city to come out lol

Can't do much about your gas BBQ, (doesn't that just pizz you off?),
but here's a suggestion for your water meter.

Turn off all the taps and faucets in the house. Threaten the family
with a horrible fate if anybody flushes a toilet, turns on the kitchen
tap, etc, for about ten minutes.

Once you know there is no chance that any water is being used
intentionally, uncover the meter and check the dial. If it is moving,
the leak is on your side of the meter and if it is not the leak is on
the city side. That won;t fix anything, of course, but at least you
will know whether to $ummon $ome $erious plumber$ or bug the city to
get a repair crew out to your address.