basskisser

Default OT Cheney claims no ties with Halliburton!!

Lie after lie, they just keep coming from Bushco.

CHENEY TOUTS HALLIBURTON AS SHINING EXAMPLE: In the midst of an SEC
investigation into its irregular accounting practices that may have
bilked employees, Cheney gave a speech to tout Halliburton. He said,
"I have great affection and respect for Halliburton. It's a fine
company, and I'm pleased that I was associated with the company."
Later, he said "Halliburton gets unfairly maligned simply because of
their past association with me," even as Halliburton was itself
admitting that it "accepted up to $6 million in kickbacks" in its
no-bid contract work in Iraq, and the Pentagon cited the company for
serving American troops in Iraq unsanitary food. Finally, he claimed
"I severed my ties with Halliburton when I became a candidate for Vice
President in August of 2000" – even though he "still receives about
$150,000 a year" from the company, and owns more than 433,000
yet-to-be exercised Halliburton stock options that the Congressional
Research Service said "represent a continuing financial interest" and
"a potential conflict of interest."