CCred68046

Default BOGUS!!!

I was fishing with a friend last night that bought a new LCD screen fish
finder. It was showing fish all over the lake. We went to a clear spot
where I could see to the bottom and I watched under the transducer. It was
still showing an occasional fish but I didnt see ANYTHING. This thing was
pretty expen$ive. Not running demo mode or anything, reading depth
accurately. Are they all like that?

CCred68046

LOL... I have a small one I use for a depth finder and it does the same
thing. I never did believe it. I was amused to see a big expensive, color,
multi-layer, side view unit doing that too.
Does anyone have one that they believe works?

"Jim Rojas" wrote in message
Set it up in an empty swimming pool. If it still shows fish, you can at
least get a refund or exchange.

Jim Rojas

"CCred68046" wrote in message
I was fishing with a friend last night that bought a new LCD screen fish
finder. It was showing fish all over the lake. We went to a clear spot
where I could see to the bottom and I watched under the transducer. It

was
still showing an occasional fish but I didnt see ANYTHING. This thing

was
pretty expen$ive. Not running demo mode or anything, reading depth
accurately. Are they all like that?

Calif Bill

First turn off the fish ID and learn to run the unit on manual mode. May
need to turn down the gain, or turn up the gain depending on conditions.
The fish ID shows most things not on the bottom as fish. And in SF bay and
the delta, there is lots of fauna in the waters.
Bill

"Jim Rojas" wrote in message
Set it up in an empty swimming pool. If it still shows fish, you can at
least get a refund or exchange.

Jim Rojas

"CCred68046" wrote in message
I was fishing with a friend last night that bought a new LCD screen

fish
finder. It was showing fish all over the lake. We went to a clear

spot
where I could see to the bottom and I watched under the transducer.

It
was
still showing an occasional fish but I didnt see ANYTHING. This thing

was
pretty expen$ive. Not running demo mode or anything, reading depth
accurately. Are they all like that?

Dan J.S.

"CCred68046" wrote in message
I was fishing with a friend last night that bought a new LCD screen fish
finder. It was showing fish all over the lake. We went to a clear spot
where I could see to the bottom and I watched under the transducer. It

was
still showing an occasional fish but I didnt see ANYTHING. This thing was
pretty expen$ive. Not running demo mode or anything, reading depth
accurately. Are they all like that?

I think they do work, but it could be picking up weird stuff, like algae, or
other stuff. Also, fish are very hard to see from top down.