Harry Krause

Default Newsreaders -- Agent 2.1

Gene Kearns wrote:

I posted information here in Q1 of 2004 that Agent 2.1 (and later)
would have the most sought after features......

Agent 2.1 was anticipated in Q2, but has now been postponed until Q3.
The wait is irritating, but Forte, though (as my Grandmother would
say) slow as molasses running up hill in wintertime, when the software
is release it *is* reliable.... and bug fixes and upgrades (within
version) are free.....

Hang in there......

Full details at:
http://www.forteinc.com/news/bulleti...nt21update.php

You know, Gene, I keep trying Agent, and I find it a colossal pain the
ass to learn and use, and it STILL doesn't allow easy setup of multiple
news and mail accounts.

John Smith

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

You know, Gene, I keep trying Agent, and I find it a colossal pain the
ass to learn and use, and it STILL doesn't allow easy setup of multiple
news and mail accounts.

So, who really cares if you can not understand a very easy to use software.

Steve Daniels, Seek of Spam

On Wed, 19 May 2004 21:14:42 -0400, something compelled Harry
Krause , to say:

Gene Kearns wrote:

I posted information here in Q1 of 2004 that Agent 2.1 (and later)
would have the most sought after features......

Agent 2.1 was anticipated in Q2, but has now been postponed until Q3.
The wait is irritating, but Forte, though (as my Grandmother would
say) slow as molasses running up hill in wintertime, when the software
is release it *is* reliable.... and bug fixes and upgrades (within
version) are free.....

Hang in there......

Full details at:
http://www.forteinc.com/news/bulleti...nt21update.php

You know, Gene, I keep trying Agent, and I find it a colossal pain the
ass to learn and use, and it STILL doesn't allow easy setup of multiple
news and mail accounts.

You could create multiple shortcuts with a command line to point
to different data files, but you might have to register each data
file. I haven't tried it (insufficient motivation), but I'm
pretty sure I could get it to work.
Harry Krause

Gene Kearns wrote:

[...]

Yes, I know that...and in fact that is what a friendly fellow at FORTE
once recommended, but it is a pain in the buttski to set up and use.
Wayne.B

On Wed, 19 May 2004 18:46:12 -0700, "Steve Daniels, Seek of Spam"
wrote:
You could create multiple shortcuts with a command line to point
to different data files, but you might have to register each data
file. I haven't tried it (insufficient motivation), but I'm
pretty sure I could get it to work.

===================================

I believe it's as simple as creating multiple unique file directories,
and doing a separate install into each. From there you can drag
shortcut icons to the desktop and give each shortcut a different name.

basskisser

"John Smith" wrote in message news:uRTqc.36324$6f5.3684336@attbi_s54...
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

You know, Gene, I keep trying Agent, and I find it a colossal pain the
ass to learn and use, and it STILL doesn't allow easy setup of multiple
news and mail accounts.

So, who really cares if you can not understand a very easy to use software.

What experience do you have using it? None? Thought so. I KNOW for a
fact, that you aren't using it to post HERE......
John Smith

I use OE for pleasure, and currently use NewsRover for work. I have used
FreeAgent and Agent in the past, and had no problems setting either of them.
The question is who really cares what Harry or I use for reading newsgroups.

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"John Smith" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

You know, Gene, I keep trying Agent, and I find it a colossal pain the
ass to learn and use, and it STILL doesn't allow easy setup of

multiple
news and mail accounts.

So, who really cares if you can not understand a very easy to use

software.

What experience do you have using it? None? Thought so. I KNOW for a
fact, that you aren't using it to post HERE......

John H

On Wed, 19 May 2004 21:14:42 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Gene Kearns wrote:

I posted information here in Q1 of 2004 that Agent 2.1 (and later)
would have the most sought after features......

Agent 2.1 was anticipated in Q2, but has now been postponed until Q3.
The wait is irritating, but Forte, though (as my Grandmother would
say) slow as molasses running up hill in wintertime, when the software
is release it *is* reliable.... and bug fixes and upgrades (within
version) are free.....

Hang in there......

Full details at:
http://www.forteinc.com/news/bulleti...nt21update.php

You know, Gene, I keep trying Agent, and I find it a colossal pain the
ass to learn and use, and it STILL doesn't allow easy setup of multiple
news and mail accounts.

Agent is one of the easiest of programs to use and set up...for most people.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
K. Smith

wrote:

You could create multiple shortcuts with a command line to point
to different data files, but you might have to register each data
file. I haven't tried it (insufficient motivation), but I'm
pretty sure I could get it to work.

===================================

I believe it's as simple as creating multiple unique file directories,
and doing a separate install into each. From there you can drag
shortcut icons to the desktop and give each shortcut a different name.

On the other hand, I've not found anything in Agent useful to me that
isn't available in the latest versions of Mozilla. The operatative
phrase here is "useful to me."

Agent seems about two generations behind, vis-a-vis the Windows 2000+
and the iterations since W2K. Even the latest Agent seems...old-fashioned.

Oh...and Mozilla directly supports multiple mail accounts and multiple
news accounts....

Harry's real problem is he has to post with many fake e-trails so the
feds don't arrest him for being an employee of the union fund, using NGs
to spam his political lies, gee speaking of Harry's lies that reminds
me; here ya go:-)

This part is true because he didn't post it :-) He's clearly a junior in
the mail section of the union fund. I mean what person of any worth has
their email posted???

Harry Krause
ULLICO Inc.
(202) 682-7957

then get a go of how they put their greddy dishonest lazy snouts into
real workers retirement money!!! If you're in a US union be aware these
thugs are using your retirement to support their own bent political
candidates!!!
It's probably no longer legal for then to do it & Harry must agree when
you have a look at his full headers, the mindless effort he goes to not
to be traced.

These are his own lying words, believe them if you can but then you
have to wonder what the hell is a union fund doing giving this to
employees out of hard working peoples' retirement???

"
I'm doing my part to ease unemployment. I'm hiring another
writer for my staff. Will be putting the ad on MONSTER.COM and in the
Wash Post."

"We have first-class benefits, including a top-of-the-line health
insurance plan, a non-contributory defined-benefit pension plan, a
401k,and a life insurance policy equal to annual salary. We contribute a
share of profits to the 401k on behalf of the employee. Our employees
pay $4.50 for generic prescriptions and $8.00 for non-generics, but
that's going up next year to $10 and $15. New employees get two weeks
vacation the first year, and that goes to three weeks the third
year. In addition, we have 12 paid holidays and we shut down from noon
on Christmas eve to the day after New Year's Day. We also provide 20
days of paid sick leave a year. And we have an outside company
administering pre-tax flexible bennies for our employees. Our fringe
benefit package follows the trade union model,
except, of course, for the profit contributions to 401k's. Trade unions
are not-for-profit enterprises.
How do these compare to the bennies at your shop?""

Geez he says unions are not for profit!!! little wonder what with the
execs wandering off with literally millions & the staff cleaning up
whatever they miss.

Harry the lying grub.

Best Regards,