Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
gjoyce

Default F/F tempermental?

Have a Lowrance fishfinder on my boat (19 foot/sal****er/in-water
storage 8-9 mos/ 4-5 yrs old ... f/f removed and stored inside house
during winter) ...

Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't ...lately the latter ...
I've checked the wiring which seems okay... and the in-line fuse ...
any other suggestions?

BTW: Had a interesting thing happen on commissioning this year.
Everything went fine, except had NO power to nothing save the ignition
.... fussed, mussed, ya-dah, ya-dah ... finally (for no sensible
reason) opened the positive terminal, put the wires back on in a
different order (I had checked for a tight anode screw twice),
tightened it down and presto ... even had one thing work that had
given up the ghost at the end of last season ...

just thought I'd contribute SOMEthing rather than just asking a
question ...

gary joyce