werlax

Default Humminbird transducers?

I currently have a Humminbird 100SX fishfinder installed (from the
factory) on my boat and I received a "Wide Panorama" from my brother
who is selling his boat. He didn't pull the transducer off of his
boat so I'm wondering if this is something I'd need to replace/upgrade
on mine, or if it will work with the one that's there? I realize his
is a "Wide" and it also had a temperature readout on it. If I do need
to replace it, what is involved? I haven't crawled under my boat
lately so I don't remember how it's mounted.
Thanks for any tips!
Mark
IBNFSHN

You will need a new transducer. Chances are you can remove the old one and
install the new one in the same place.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

"werlax" wrote in message
om...
I currently have a Humminbird 100SX fishfinder installed (from the
factory) on my boat and I received a "Wide Panorama" from my brother
who is selling his boat. He didn't pull the transducer off of his
boat so I'm wondering if this is something I'd need to replace/upgrade
on mine, or if it will work with the one that's there? I realize his
is a "Wide" and it also had a temperature readout on it. If I do need
to replace it, what is involved? I haven't crawled under my boat
lately so I don't remember how it's mounted.
Thanks for any tips!
Mark

RichG

I'd just plug it in ( if the connection fits) and hang it over the gunnel
and see what it happens.

--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners
"IBNFSHN" wrote in message
You will need a new transducer. Chances are you can remove the old one and
install the new one in the same place.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

"werlax" wrote in message
om...
I currently have a Humminbird 100SX fishfinder installed (from the
factory) on my boat and I received a "Wide Panorama" from my brother
who is selling his boat. He didn't pull the transducer off of his
boat so I'm wondering if this is something I'd need to replace/upgrade
on mine, or if it will work with the one that's there? I realize his
is a "Wide" and it also had a temperature readout on it. If I do need
to replace it, what is involved? I haven't crawled under my boat
lately so I don't remember how it's mounted.
Thanks for any tips!
Mark

werlax

"IBNFSHN" wrote in message news:98Aqc.168547$f_5.84123@lakeread01...
You will need a new transducer. Chances are you can remove the old one and
install the new one in the same place.

I might have to call a dealer on this one since I believe the current
transducer is mounted inside the hull. According to the manual, it
looks like it might be epoxied in. I can't imagine that everytime I'd
like to upgrade the fishfinder I'd have to crawl around inside the
hull and pry the transducer off? Is that right?
Thanks for the response!
IBNFSHN

You can always leave the old one glued in and put the new one beside it.
BTW, temp function won't work worth a damn inside the hull. I guess the hull
would eventually come up to the water temp.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

"werlax" wrote in message
om...
"IBNFSHN" wrote in message

You will need a new transducer. Chances are you can remove the old one

and
install the new one in the same place.

I might have to call a dealer on this one since I believe the current
transducer is mounted inside the hull. According to the manual, it
looks like it might be epoxied in. I can't imagine that everytime I'd
like to upgrade the fishfinder I'd have to crawl around inside the
hull and pry the transducer off? Is that right?
Thanks for the response!

Andy K.

Wide Panorama = tribeam transducer
100sx = single beam transducer

You would need a new transducer and also the temp sensor.
The old transducer may work but, you won't get the full use of the
fishfinder.

If you want to pick up a transducer, drop me an e-mail. I have a supplier
that I use that can help you out.

om...