Don White

Bert Robbins wrote:

You forgot to tell Don that the 883 Sportster is a girls bike.

No it isn't! I asked the salesman that very question...he said as many
guys as girls buy them. As I say this...a girl who visits my neighbour
across the street drives up on her blue Harley Sportster.
Don White

HarryKrause wrote:

Don's welcome here anytime. He knows exactly where I live.
The scooter runs, but it is old and creaky, like you and me, Herring.
Motorcycles are much safer than scooters, and easier to ride, in my
opinion. Larger wheels to get you over road holes and more centrifugal
force to help keep you upright.

Thanks Harry. That's very generous of you.
Last week I was also in the Yamaha store and when the salesman saw me
looking at the little scooters, he rushed over and tried to convince me
to buy the 400cc demonstrator at a reduced price. He tried to convince
me that the big scooter was easier to handle when pushing it around by
hand. ( as if I plan to do a lot of that)
The great discount turned out to be about $ 500.00. I must have had
sucker written on my forehead that day. I was going to tell him that I
could get the 883 Sportster down around the corner for a few hundred
more...but just chuckled to myself and led him on a bit.
John H.

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:36:20 GMT, Don White wrote:

John H. wrote:

Be sure to take a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (or equivalent) course before you
buy. Well, it looks like the MSF doesn't operate in Canada, but maybe Harry
would let you stay with him while you took the course in Maryland.

Or I could 'camp out' in that fancy yellow Mustang.

Well, yeah, you could do that. The back seats fold down, and the trunk's pretty
big!

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
John H.

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:39:41 GMT, Don White wrote:

Bert Robbins wrote:

You forgot to tell Don that the 883 Sportster is a girls bike.

No it isn't! I asked the salesman that very question...he said as many
guys as girls buy them. As I say this...a girl who visits my neighbour
across the street drives up on her blue Harley Sportster.

The guys are 'girlie men'!