Default OT Money Magazine Best Places to Live

Uh, oh........Naples, FL wasn't on the list. Can't wait to hear to
excuses......!!!

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/index.html

HarryKrause

aka Kevin Noble wrote:
Uh, oh........Naples, FL wasn't on the list. Can't wait to hear to
excuses......!!!

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/index.html

Either is Snellville Ga, eh Kevin?
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Shortwave Sportfishing

On 11 Jul 2005 10:17:36 -0700, wrote:

Uh, oh........Naples, FL wasn't on the list. Can't wait to hear to
excuses......!!!

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/index.html

Barrington, RI #3?

BBAAWWWAAAHHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!

~~ cough - sputter - gag ~~

Oh man, that was funny. Even funnier was Colchester and Tolland CT.

Well, what do you expect for CNN - they still have their heads up
their collective asses.
NOYB

On 11 Jul 2005 10:17:36 -0700, wrote:

Uh, oh........Naples, FL wasn't on the list. Can't wait to hear to
excuses......!!!

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/index.html

Barrington, RI #3?

BBAAWWWAAAHHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!

~~ cough - sputter - gag ~~

Oh man, that was funny. Even funnier was Colchester and Tolland CT.

Well, what do you expect for CNN - they still have their heads up
their collective asses.

I guess I don't need to respond. Shortwave and Harry summed it up pretty
well with their posts.

NOYB wrote:
On 11 Jul 2005 10:17:36 -0700, wrote:

Uh, oh........Naples, FL wasn't on the list. Can't wait to hear to
excuses......!!!

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/index.html

Barrington, RI #3?

BBAAWWWAAAHHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!

~~ cough - sputter - gag ~~

Oh man, that was funny. Even funnier was Colchester and Tolland CT.

Well, what do you expect for CNN - they still have their heads up
their collective asses.

I guess I don't need to respond. Shortwave and Harry summed it up pretty
well with their posts.

True, after all, it IS money magazine, and they are looking at very
different factors than either boating or fishing.

P. Fritz

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

On 11 Jul 2005 10:17:36 -0700, wrote:

Uh, oh........Naples, FL wasn't on the list. Can't wait to hear to
excuses......!!!

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/index.html

Barrington, RI #3?

BBAAWWWAAAHHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!

~~ cough - sputter - gag ~~

Oh man, that was funny. Even funnier was Colchester and Tolland CT.

Well, what do you expect for CNN - they still have their heads up
their collective asses.

I guess I don't need to respond. Shortwave and Harry summed it up pretty
well with their posts.

Their criterea.
************************************************** *******************

OnBoard maintains a database of nearly 40,000 cities. To narrow our search,
we began by considering only those with population above 14,000,
above-median household income, population growth and real estate
appreciation over the past 5 years.

Those restrictions led to a list of 1,321 places.

From there, we eliminated places that aren't within 60 miles of a major
airport and 30 miles of a major teaching hospital.

We also eliminate towns with low education scores or that fall below the
25th percentile in any two of the following: unemployment, income growth,
crime, or arts resources.

That left 100 towns, which we ranked, weighing economic, education and
safety factors twice as much as arts, leisure and park space.

We limited any metropolitan area to one or two places.

To pick the winners, we culled more data on education, environment, housing
affordability, taxes, commute times and job market. MONEY writers also
interviewed residents and community leaders."

60 mile to a "major" airport, 30 miles to a "major teaching hospital"
Sounds pretty arbitrary to me. Mileage is not nearly as critical as drive
time.

Kevin is still batting 000

NOYB

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

The statistics that they use lists Naples' population at over 250,000.
Naples ain't anywhere near that size. What they keep doing is using all of
Collier County statistics...which means Immokalee (mostly migrant
farm-workers), Chokoloskee, Everglades City, Goodland, etc. are in there.

That's going to bump the crime statistics, number of students per teacher,
number of illiterate, etc.

It will lower the median household income, real estate appreciation, and
several other positive attributes.

Those restrictions led to a list of 1,321 places.

From there, we eliminated places that aren't within 60 miles of a major
airport and 30 miles of a major teaching hospital.

There goes Naples. We have the airport...but Miami has the nearest major
teaching hospital.

We also eliminate towns with low education scores or that fall below the
25th percentile in any two of the following: unemployment, income growth,
crime, or arts resources.

That left 100 towns, which we ranked, weighing economic, education and
safety factors twice as much as arts, leisure and park space.

We limited any metropolitan area to one or two places.

To pick the winners, we culled more data on education, environment,

Naples scored well there.

housing
affordability

Another knock on Naples.

Of course, I came down here to boat and fish year-round. For that, I
couldn't have picked a better area.

NOYB wrote:
"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

From there, we eliminated places that aren't within 60 miles of a major
airport and 30 miles of a major teaching hospital.

There goes Naples. We have the airport...but Miami has the nearest major
teaching hospital.

We also eliminate towns with low education scores or that fall below the
25th percentile in any two of the following: unemployment, income growth,
crime, or arts resources.

That left 100 towns, which we ranked, weighing economic, education and
safety factors twice as much as arts, leisure and park space.

We limited any metropolitan area to one or two places.

To pick the winners, we culled more data on education, environment,

Naples scored well there.

housing
affordability

Another knock on Naples.

Of course, I came down here to boat and fish year-round. For that, I
couldn't have picked a better area.

HEHE!!!!! I ****ing KNEW he'd have to spin, spin to defend
Naples....just because HE lives there, it's the best place on
earth!!!!!!! Typical example of his ability to shun polls that don't
favor his stance, but man, if he finds one that does, he posts it
immediately.

NOYB wrote:

housing
affordability

Another knock on Naples.

Don't cry, NOYB. You sound like such a pathetic little boy when you
start groveling for excuses....

Shortwave Sportfishing

On 11 Jul 2005 10:17:36 -0700, wrote:

Uh, oh........Naples, FL wasn't on the list. Can't wait to hear to
excuses......!!!

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/index.html

http://www.nbc10.com/news/4712294/detail.html

Dumbasses.

easy money in 30 days trip Boat Building 0 March 11th 05 03:57 AM
easy money in 30 days trip Cruising 0 March 11th 05 03:52 AM
21st Century E-Commerce Money Making Formula NeoOne General 0 January 3rd 05 11:57 PM
FREE MONEY NO JOKE Kellyluvsaac3 UK Paddle 0 February 19th 04 01:38 AM