Shortwave Sportfishing

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 07:45:34 -0400, "Bert Robbins"
wrote:

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
Bert Robbins wrote:
And, when were you "still in the Navy?"

Obviously, when F/A 18 was being deployed, and the F-4, A-4, and A-7 were
being phased out.

Don't know when that is? I'm not surprised that you don't know, only that
you're willing to admit it. Maybe there is some hope.

The USMC started getting the F/A-18's in the early '80's for MAG-11 at El
Toro. Yeah, it took a few years to get them deployed to the entire fleet.
Now, F/A-18's are being phased out for the F/A-18 E/F's it will take 10
years or more at current production levels for the older A/B and C/D models
to be phased out.

Drop it Bert - they know more than the people who build them, fly them
and work with them everyday.

It's not worth the rise in blood pressure.
Bert Robbins

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 07:45:34 -0400, "Bert Robbins"
wrote:

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
Bert Robbins wrote:
And, when were you "still in the Navy?"

Obviously, when F/A 18 was being deployed, and the F-4, A-4, and A-7
were
being phased out.

Don't know when that is? I'm not surprised that you don't know, only
that
you're willing to admit it. Maybe there is some hope.

The USMC started getting the F/A-18's in the early '80's for MAG-11 at El
Toro. Yeah, it took a few years to get them deployed to the entire fleet.
Now, F/A-18's are being phased out for the F/A-18 E/F's it will take 10
years or more at current production levels for the older A/B and C/D
models
to be phased out.

Drop it Bert - they know more than the people who build them, fly them
and work with them everyday.

It's not worth the rise in blood pressure.

I think I'll keep this going for a while longer, stinking squid now-it-alls
**** me off.

DSK

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
Drop it Bert - they know more than the people who build them, fly them
and work with them everyday.

Oh yeah, you mean like Boeing? Or the Navy?

I don't know more than them, that's why I tend to believe them rather
than you.

It's not worth the rise in blood pressure.

Do you get riled up? I don't. But then again, I get the facts rather
than try to bluster & bluff through a discussion.

DSK

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 07:49:56 -0400, "Bert Robbins"

.. .
wrote:

"DSK" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:
[...]

Well, they are a lower life form. :) (That was a joke - only a joke
- some of my best friends were Navy.)

Save it for another day and a different subject. It really isn't
worth it.

There will be other squid to fry. :)

Get it - other squid to fry?

Er...

Never mind.
Bert Robbins

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 07:49:56 -0400, "Bert Robbins"

. ..
On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 07:45:34 -0400, "Bert Robbins"
wrote:

"DSK" wrote in message
t...
Bert Robbins wrote:
[...]

My grandfather had the good sense to join the USMC back in '26 but, he took
an appointment to Annapolis and then went Navy after graduation. The next
generation produced another Annapolis ring knocker before I had the good
sense to enlist in the Corps.

Don White

Bert Robbins wrote:

Ok, Don, asshole, see my other post in this thread. I know a bit more about
the USMC's use and deployment of the F/A-18 than you or DSK do.

Is it really necessary to call other posters names? JimH would expect
better of you. (I don't)
Don White

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

Drop it Bert - they know more than the people who build them, fly them
and work with them everyday.

It's not worth the rise in blood pressure.

But Bert needs his blood pressure raised to help him out of his
semi-comatose stupor. I feel we're doing a 'community service' ...the
question may be..does he deserve it!
Bert Robbins

"Don White" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:

Ok, Don, asshole, see my other post in this thread. I know a bit more
about the USMC's use and deployment of the F/A-18 than you or DSK do.

Is it really necessary to call other posters names? JimH would expect
better of you. (I don't)

I didn't sign the pledge, asshole!

Don White

Bert Robbins wrote:

I didn't sign the pledge, asshole!

Who was that 'great American' who said "stupid is as stupid says"?
Any idea Bert?
Bert Robbins

"Don White" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:

I didn't sign the pledge, asshole!

Who was that 'great American' who said "stupid is as stupid says"?
Any idea Bert?

And, who was "the great Canadian," never mind there isn't one.