Jim Irvine

Default Raystown Accident

http://www.abc23.com/news/headline1.php?id=353

Speculation is that the family of 3 were traveling at a high rate of speed
late at night and ran into the shore, killing all aboard. I frequently
overnight in the numerous coves on this lake and usually can hear a few
boats running with what sounds like a wide open throttle at all hours of the
night. As there are no homes on this 40 mile long lake, it has no lighting,
other than the moon to outline the shore at night. It is also surrounded by
very steeply inclined mountains, which provide beautiful scenery but also
deadly nigh time visibility.

Mr Wizzard

"Jim Irvine" wrote in message
http://www.abc23.com/news/headline1.php?id=353

Speculation is that the family of 3 were traveling at a high rate of speed
late at night and ran into the shore, killing all aboard. I frequently
overnight in the numerous coves on this lake and usually can hear a few
boats running with what sounds like a wide open throttle at all hours of

the
night. As there are no homes on this 40 mile long lake, it has no

lighting,
other than the moon to outline the shore at night. It is also surrounded

by
very steeply inclined mountains, which provide beautiful scenery but also
deadly nigh time visibility.

So describe this "embankment" that these people apparently hit.
I've buzzed around at WOT at nigh too, but is it really possible
to hit a bank like that ? why wouldn't they have flown out of the
boat? - I mean, boats don't have seat belts, right ? I guess I
never thought something could come up so fast when traveling
at speed at night like that, but yeah, I'll have to rethink that.