GARLAND HANSON

Default Yamaha 250 Prop Nut Size

I chewed the edges of my stainless prop over the weekend and want to get it
repaired. I have a shop lined up already that can turn it around in a
couple of days.

I'm 80 miles from where my boat is stored and need to go there later in the
week and remove the prop. Does anyone happen to know the size of the prop
nut on a Yamaha 250? It is not in the owner's manual. I want to go armed
with the right size wrench or socket and not have to make a couple of trips
to the local hardware store to buy the right size if I can avoid it. I do
know that is larger than any other socket or wrench I have and probably
metric.

Thanks in advance,
Garland

GARLAND HANSON

FYI, all of the larger horsepower Yamaha motors use a 1 1/16" prop nut. I
happen to find one on the shelf at a local auto parts store! I had the prop
off in just a couple of minutes and the prop shop is going to turn my chewed
prop around in 1 1/2 days!!! I'm also getting a spare aluminum prop for
$120!!! Back on the water chasing cobia this weekend!!!
heh heh heh