Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jim

Default ( OT ) Limbaugh and the Babes of Abu Ghraib

http://www.counterpunch.org/nimmo05082004.html

extract
Limbaugh is attracted to people who torture. On his May 3 show, the
loudmouth drug addict said "have you people noticed who the torturers are?
Women! The babes! The babes are meting out the torture."

In fact, for Limbaugh, torture is a good thing. It builds character.
Americans are too squeamish, too wimpy, unable to face up to the neocon plan
of total war against Muslims and Arabs, a war Bush has promised will last
for generations. "I think a lot of the American culture is being feminized.
I think the reaction to the stupid torture is an example of the feminization
of this country," he told his audience. In other words, if torturing people
makes you sick you're effeminate, or maybe French. Get used to it, Rush
seems to be saying, there's more where that came from.