Craig Davis

Default Non-skid Deck Coating

I have an aluminum bass boat with carpet and want to replace the carpet with
a non-skid coating that is easily washed. There appears to be numerous
products on the market. I would like to get input from people who have used
some of these products.

SoFarrell

"Butch Davis" wrote in message
ink.net...
Craig,

Consider spray-in bedliner material such as used by LineX in pickup beds.

Butch
"Craig Davis" wrote in message
I have an aluminum bass boat with carpet and want to replace the carpet
with a non-skid coating that is easily washed. There appears to be
numerous products on the market. I would like to get input from people
who have used some of these products.

That spray in stuff is thick and weighs a lot and might impact boat
performance. I was thinking about it for my boat and was talked out of it.

DSK

Craig Davis wrote:
I have an aluminum bass boat with carpet and want to replace the carpet with
a non-skid coating that is easily washed. There appears to be numerous
products on the market. I would like to get input from people who have used
some of these products.

3-M nonskid tape shrinks a little bit, so is best put on in small strips
rather than long rows, but is the best product IMHO. If put on in an
alternating pattern, most of the deck can be clear for easy cleaning yet
there will always be part of the nonskid under foot.

Fair Skies
Doug King

John H

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:15:32 -0500, "Craig Davis" wrote:

I have an aluminum bass boat with carpet and want to replace the carpet with
a non-skid coating that is easily washed. There appears to be numerous
products on the market. I would like to get input from people who have used
some of these products.

I've got Rhino Liner in my pickup. It's great. It's sprayed on 1/8th inch thick
in the bed, but it could be much thinner on a boat. It comes in many colors. I'd
at least give them a call. Some marine apps are at the site below.

http://www.rhinolinings.com/RL/main/...pecialapps.jsp

--
John H

Bill McKee

wrote:

I have an aluminum bass boat with carpet and want to replace the carpet
with
a non-skid coating that is easily washed. There appears to be numerous
products on the market. I would like to get input from people who have
used
some of these products.

I've got Rhino Liner in my pickup. It's great. It's sprayed on 1/8th inch
thick
in the bed, but it could be much thinner on a boat. It comes in many
colors. I'd
at least give them a call. Some marine apps are at the site below.

http://www.rhinolinings.com/RL/main/...pecialapps.jsp

--
John H

I would worry about using Rhino on the boat, as I think it is sprayed on
very hot, at least my LineX liner is. There are roll on liners available at
most good autoparts stores.

Bill McKee

Was having a brain fart. Thinking fiberglass. I like the LineX liner in my
2004 Pickup. I would look for another color than black, as it greys a
little, and is probably hotter than lighter colors.
Bill

"Butch Davis" wrote in message
ink.net...
So Bill, what's wrong with spraying on hot bedliner product on an aluminum
boat?

Butch
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

wrote:

[...]

Butch Davis

Bill,

Agree with the color issue. Our local LineX guy won't spray some colors
because of fade problems and previously unhappy customers.

I'd think white would be OK. Difficult to keep clean but so is the white
nonskid on my whaler. In order to get it really pure white clean looking
I'd have to scrub it for hours. I've tried many products and none work
well.

I finally decided to be a little less anal about a pristine white deck on a
fishing boat. Now the deck is kinda sorta light gray and I'm starting to
prefer it that way.

Butch
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...

Was having a brain fart. Thinking fiberglass. I like the LineX liner in
my 2004 Pickup. I would look for another color than black, as it greys a
little, and is probably hotter than lighter colors.
Bill

"Butch Davis" wrote in message
ink.net...
So Bill, what's wrong with spraying on hot bedliner product on an
aluminum boat?

Butch
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...