BoatBanter.com

-   -   How to change trailer winch cable on land? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/4470-how-change-trailer-winch-cable-land.html)

Harry Krause May 11th 04 02:31 AM

How to change trailer winch cable on land?

del cecchi wrote:

"Gary Warner" wrote in message

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message

What do you use to keep the boat on the trailer when your on the

road?

I hope it's not just the winch! If the pawl breaks, look out

behind.

Steve

From the origional post:
I have about a foot long chain that goes from the
trailer to the boat just in case the winch shoudl fail.

There also must be hold downs at the transom or a strap across the boat
or it would bounce all over the place. Trust me, if the transom hold
downs are on, the boat will not roll off the trailer. I know that for
sure. :-)

del cecchi

Done that too, eh?

Garth Almgren May 11th 04 03:25 AM

Around 5/10/2004 6:28 PM, del cecchi wrote:

There also must be hold downs at the transom or a strap across the boat
or it would bounce all over the place. Trust me, if the transom hold
downs are on, the boat will not roll off the trailer. I know that for
sure. :-)

BTDT. :)

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing

Wayne.B May 11th 04 03:49 AM

How to change trailer winch cable on land?

On Mon, 10 May 2004 08:02:10 -0500, "Ree-Yees"
wrote:

My winch cable is ripped about half way across at one point. I want to
replace the cable sitting in my driveway but want to make sure my boat isnt
going to slide off onto the ground.

Take a dock line from a bow cleat, wrap it around your trailer post a
couple of times (or use a clove hitch), and then back to your other
bow cleat. The boat won't go anywhere.