Don White

Default Bush "I are uh leader."

It's one thing to torture prisoners to get info that may save lives...but in
the pictures, the soldiers seemed to enjoy what they are doing. Just goes
to show our societies aren't that much farther ahead of some 'backward'
ones.

Doug Kanter

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
US military confirms existence of horrific pictures and video

Cool. With the perpetrators on videotape, there should be more than enough
evidence to give them all dishonorable discharges.

I had a better idea. Each perp gets a prize: 2 hours in a locked room with
Mike Tyson, who's been dosed with PCP. Mike gets gloves & a boxing mask if
he wants. The perps get prison clothes. The room should probably have a
floor drain for easy cleanup.

bb

On Sun, 09 May 2004 14:21:18 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

The perps get prison clothes.

U.S. Military prision clothes? Issue one hood, two genital clips.

bb

Doug Kanter

wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

The perps get prison clothes.

U.S. Military prision clothes? Issue one hood, two genital clips.

Better: Everyone who goes into the room gets dressed as a schoolgirl. Tyson
should like that.

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
US military confirms existence of horrific pictures and video

Cool. With the perpetrators on videotape, there should be more than enough
evidence to give them all dishonorable discharges.

I had a better idea. Each perp gets a prize: 2 hours in a locked room with
Mike Tyson, who's been dosed with PCP. Mike gets gloves & a boxing mask if
he wants. The perps get prison clothes. The room should probably have a
floor drain for easy cleanup.

Let me get this straight...
Our troops inflicted cruel and sadistic punishment on insurgents who had
inflicted cruel and sadistic punishment on other troops of ours, and you
want to inflict further cruel and sadistic punishment on those troops of
ours? Whose side are you on anyhow?

Now let me clue you in...
The ones killing our troops are the bad guys. They deserve anything coming
their way. Our troops that are over in the Middle East killing
terrorists...those are the "good" guys.

NOYB

wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

The perps get prison clothes.

U.S. Military prision clothes? Issue one hood, two genital clips.

Better: Everyone who goes into the room gets dressed as a schoolgirl.

Tyson
should like that.

Our country has a history of winning wars in which we cast aside morals, and
inflicted inhumane acts upon the enemy. Unfortunately, that's what wins
wars. If they were alive, perhaps you could ask General Sherman...or Harry
Truman their thoughts on this. The terrorists have the guts and lack the
humanistic compassion to win this war...and I'm afraid we don't.

Their is no "moral high ground" in war.

Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message

[...]

1) SOME of our troops inflicted the aforementioned punishment on PEOPLE,
only SOME of whom were "insurgents", as you call them. Therefore, stop
making blanket statements about "good guys" and "bad guys". It only makes
you sound sillier.

2) Some of the "insurgents" have found to be harmless and have been
released. This means that the soldiers who inflicted the punishment are
criminals, based on the logic behind the laws in most civilized countries,
ours in particular. If one of your kids is arrested along with a friend
who's got a little too much pot in her pocket, and your kid is beaten by a
cop before being released, you will deal with that cop in the most severe
way you feel you can get away with, up to an including killing him. If not,
you're not much of a father.

3) A terrorist is someone who flies a plane into a building or blows up a
train. A person who shoots at an invading army is no different from you and
I in the exact same situation. The fact that he doesn't accept our reason
for being there is 100% immaterial. It's also 100% immaterial to him that
you think we have a good reason for being there. If there were foreign
soldiers wandering around Boca and you had a rifle, you'd be shooting at
them too.

4) Because you are a little light on your knowledge of history, you haven't
yet accepted the FACT that nobody can impose a political system on another
country successfully. It does not work. Never has, never will.

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
If there were foreign
soldiers wandering around Boca and you had a rifle, you'd be shooting at
them too.

There's a bunch of non-Iraqi's shooting at us over there. Your claim that
the enemy is just a bunch of Iraqi's who are tired of us occupying our
country is hogwash. Terrorists don't just blow up airplanes or trains.
They also drive cars laden with a half tons of explosives into government
and civilian buildings.

BTW--Boca is on the East Coast. They're the ones that don't know how to
punch a chad. Naples is the city which voted for Bush by a 3 to 1 margin.