Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Glenn

Default Newbie Lubricating Outdrive

I want to Lube my outdrive and change the outdrive oil. The Clymer
manual says to open the oil vent plug and oil filler and replace the
gaskets/washers...before I do this are these standard thigns I can
find at home depot...or west marine. The manual does not list part
numbers so how do I know what I need to purchase as a replacement
gasket and what size. In addition a maintenance table in the manual
referss to type f transmission fluid and dexron transmission fluid but
list the application of these 2 products as power steering
reservoir....can anyone make sense of this to a newbie ,,,the outdrive
is an MC1 attached to a chevy 898.

Thanks