Doug Kanter

Default On Topic: Those Daffy Texans...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.46aa1d57334dd6ba5e430a3e0e9cc460@108 3603047.nulluser.com...
AP TOPNEWS AT 10:17EDT 3MAY04

*Passengers Tip Boat Trying to See Nudists

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Partygoers apparently hoping to catch a
glimpse of nude sunbathers crowded on one side of a floating barge,
prompting the ship to capsize and dump all 60 people into Lake
Travis. Two people were hospitalized with minor injuries Sunday
after the rented double-decker barge sank near Hippie Hollow, a
lakeside park and the only public nude beach in Texas.

Darwinism in action?

It's Austin, Texas' answer to Provincetown. God-blowing people will say it's
His will at work, trying to drown some of them derned fags.

Calif Bill

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.46aa1d57334dd6ba5e430a3e0e9cc460@108 3603047.nulluser.com...
AP TOPNEWS AT 10:17EDT 3MAY04

*Passengers Tip Boat Trying to See Nudists

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Partygoers apparently hoping to catch a
glimpse of nude sunbathers crowded on one side of a floating barge,
prompting the ship to capsize and dump all 60 people into Lake
Travis. Two people were hospitalized with minor injuries Sunday
after the rented double-decker barge sank near Hippie Hollow, a
lakeside park and the only public nude beach in Texas.

Darwinism in action?

It's Austin, Texas' answer to Provincetown. God-blowing people will say

it's
His will at work, trying to drown some of them derned fags.

Heard it was a boatload of union people from Maryland.

John Gaquin

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

*Passengers Tip Boat Trying to See Nudists

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Partygoers apparently hoping to catch a
glimpse of nude sunbathers crowded on one side of a floating barge,
prompting the ship to capsize and dump all 60 people into Lake
Travis.

Kinda like Party Cove, without the ambience.

Harry Krause

John Gaquin wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

*Passengers Tip Boat Trying to See Nudists

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Partygoers apparently hoping to catch a
glimpse of nude sunbathers crowded on one side of a floating barge,
prompting the ship to capsize and dump all 60 people into Lake
Travis.

Kinda like Party Cove, without the ambience.

Well, we don't know how attractive the nudist sunbathers were...
Marshall Banana

Also Sprach Harry Krause :

Well, we don't know how attractive the nudist sunbathers were...

Ever been to a nude beach? Old, fat, and hairy outnumbers young, thin,
and smooth by 9 to 1. And seeing as this particular beach was called
"Hippie Hollow", they probably stank of patchouli too.

Dan

--
Most people won't **** around with you if they
think you're going to wack them with a stick.

-- Dr. Funkenstein

RichG

Well, some 20 years ago, I was at a company outing.

One of the "attractions" was bass fishing with a guide all day on Lake
Travis. It was common for the guides, in those days, to run their clients
slowly past hippie hollow. It was populated then with co-eds from the Univ.
of Texas, so he said. They were very "lookable" if you know what I mean.
Not a bad cruise-by after not catching fish all day. --

John Gaquin

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

......used to stand across
the street from a first-rate titty bar.....

Is there any other kind?

basskisser

......used to stand across
the street from a first-rate titty bar.....

Is there any other kind?

Yes, there is! If you ever been to Tampa, FL, there are third, fourth
and fifth rate titty bars there!!!!!
QLW

When I was a scout master, we often took our troop sailing on lake Travis.
I would always stay far enough off shore of Hippie Hallow that my scouts
could see that "maybe these were naked bodies" but no real detail could be
seen. There was always a lot of begging and lamenting at this point and
everyone wanted to helm the boat. Too funny.

om...

......used to stand across
the street from a first-rate titty bar.....

Is there any other kind?

Yes, there is! If you ever been to Tampa, FL, there are third, fourth
and fifth rate titty bars there!!!!!

JR North

Depends on the apparent quality of the nudists...
JR

Harry Krause wrote:

Darwinism in action?

--
Remove X to reply

Off Topic Topics. Mikkilla General 3 March 23rd 04 02:17 PM
ON topic -- Interesting read Jim General 1 March 18th 04 05:39 PM
Boating topic! Calif Bill General 5 March 4th 04 01:05 PM
On Topic: Jones Brother Boats Short Wave Sportfishing General 3 March 1st 04 12:47 AM
on topic/off topic same ole General 2 December 10th 03 01:02 AM