Doug Kanter

Default OT--WMD's may still be found

"Joe" wrote in message

"jps" wrote in message

Not WMDs, fertilizer bombs. Ingredients available in large quantities
worldwide. The same variety that took 160 innocent men, women and
children's lives in Oklahoma City by one of our own.

jps

They were not "fertilizer bombs" as used in Oklahoma City.
There was nerve gas in the mix.

An est. 80,000 people would have died, the vast majority from chemical
exposure.
80,000 dead not enough for you to considerer this bomb a WMD?

He didn't claim that the OKC bomb wasn't a "WMD". Sit closer and read the
message again, slowly this time.

Joe

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Joe" wrote in message

"jps" wrote in message

Not WMDs, fertilizer bombs. Ingredients available in large quantities
worldwide. The same variety that took 160 innocent men, women and
children's lives in Oklahoma City by one of our own.

jps

They were not "fertilizer bombs" as used in Oklahoma City.
There was nerve gas in the mix.

An est. 80,000 people would have died, the vast majority from chemical
exposure.
80,000 dead not enough for you to considerer this bomb a WMD?

He didn't claim that the OKC bomb wasn't a "WMD". Sit closer and read the
message again, slowly this time.

I could care less whether or not he thinks the OC bomb was a WMD.
My beef is with his statement that the Jordan bomb was not a WMD.

He is trying to downplay the significance of the thwarted Jordan bomb by
comparing it to a simple fertilizer bomb as used in OC.
The sole purpose of the explosives in *this* bomb was to spread the
chemicals and nerve agents as far as possible, to kill as many as possible.
The Jordan bomb is a WMD.

NOYB

"Joe" wrote in message

"jps" wrote in message

Not WMDs, fertilizer bombs. Ingredients available in large quantities
worldwide. The same variety that took 160 innocent men, women and
children's lives in Oklahoma City by one of our own.

jps

They were not "fertilizer bombs" as used in Oklahoma City.
There was nerve gas in the mix.

An est. 80,000 people would have died, the vast majority from chemical
exposure.
80,000 dead not enough for you to considerer this bomb a WMD?

He didn't claim that the OKC bomb wasn't a "WMD". Sit closer and read the
message again, slowly this time.

I said "chemical bombs"...not WMD. jps added the WMD as a red herring to
divert the argument away from its most important point...that Saddam's
people and al Qaeda had been and have been working together for quite some
time.

NOYB

.. .

"Joe" wrote in message

"jps" wrote in message

[...]

Absolutely it was a WMD. However, the point of the Jordanian story was that
one of the terrorists admitted to have trained in Iraq *BEFORE THE US
INVASION*.

Nevertheless, I've read several reports that stated VX was one of the
components of the bombs.

Doug Kanter

.. .

"Joe" wrote in message

"jps" wrote in message

[...]

I believe what he meant was that you can't point your finger at a commonly
available chemical and claim it's in the same category as chemical and
nuclear weapons. Of course, you could say that fertilizer-based bombs and
nuclear warheads both go "boom", but so do tanker trucks full of gasoline.

____m___~¿Ô___m____

NOYB wrote:

To quote a high-ranking government official quoted on 4/27/04:

"It appears, as they peel away the weapons of mass destruction issue - and
we may yet find them...Look, I want to make it clear. Who knows if a month
from now, three months from now, you find some weapons? You may."

That must have been the "high ranking government offical" who's hiding them
at this very moment. Better not hide them too well. I think many have
stopped looking.
We may have to reinstall Saddam to control the home folks. His Generals are
on their way now to quiet things down until we leave. That "high ranking
government offical" better remember where he put them so we can remove all
traces before we leave. Wouldn't want to have to invade a country that we
had just reinstated their sovernity to look for the damn things again.
--
__________m___~¿Ô___m____________________________
NOYB

"jps" wrote in message
In article .net,
says...

"jps" wrote in message
In article et,
says...
How about we talk about the al Qaeda terrorist who was caught trying

detonate a chemical bomb in Jordan recently?

ABC World News Now. April 27, 2004

In an interview broadcast by ABC's World News Now, the leader of the

Al
Qaeda cell organizing the explosive and chemical attack on the

Jordanian
security headquarters and the American Embassy in Jordan stated that

he
received his training from Al-Zawahiri in Iraq, prior to the fall of
Afghanistan.

Not WMDs, fertilizer bombs. Ingredients available in large quantities
worldwide. The same variety that took 160 innocent men, women and
children's lives in Oklahoma City by one of our own.

Way to skip over the important point: al Qaeda was using Iraq as a
safe-haven while plotting the attack...long before we even went into

Iraq.

Well Jeez, Saudi Arabia was a safe haven and provided funding for al
Qaeda long before we went to Iraq. Further, 15 or the 19 hijackers who
conspired to kill 3000 of our brethren were Saudi nationals. Why didn't
we invade their country?

Because our economy couldn't handle the economic shock of the lost oil
supply. Of course, Iraq provides not only the staging area to strike
against the other countries in the region...but also enough oil to keep our
economy going should bin Laden successfully oust the Saudi royals.

There's plenty of evidence of terrorist activity in Saudi Arabia right
now!

Should we invade there next or should it be Iran?

Probably Iran, since they're closest to developing nukes. There may not be
a need to hit Saudi Arabia militarily if we're able to isolate them from the
rest of the Middle East.

Would you like to
send your children?

Of course I wouldn't like it. However, my kids are 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 1 years
old. I'd prefer we deal with the radical Islamics now rather than in 13
years when my oldest is draft age...*AND* those same countries have nukes.