John Smith

Default Can somebody help identify this.

It is a boat. ; )

"David & Donna Nichols" wrote in message
I bought this at an auction, it cost me more to get it home than anything
else, can somebody help identify it, the decription given was, 25' Riviera
Cruiser, steel plated hull, if somebody new where I could go to get the
plans it will save it from the scrap pile.

Al Hartkopf

OK. Enough fooling around. Having delusions of building a boat myself, I
almost believe I have seen such a craft at one of the plans pages I have
visited. Can't find it just now, but start here.
http://yachtdesign.info/Boat_Plans/
Here is another real good link and it's to an outfit in Australia (like it
looks like you are).
http://www.bruceroberts.com.au/index.htm

That done, it seems from the photo that you have the hulk (some say
superstructure, but that's too long) complete, right up to outdrive hole. If
the engine mounts are in place or indicated, what more do you really need?
Decking, fitting out, and finishing techniques are available from several of
the links on the page provided above. So what if it doesn't look exactly like
someone commited to paper. It's your boat after all, so I say make it yours
and fit it out like you want. Get some dimensions, put 'em on paper, and have
at it. Put the helm where you want it. Fit it for overnighting or just
cruising, diving, whatever. Put in a galley and a head if that is what you
want. If I had this in my back garden that's what I'd do. But hey, I'm just
one of those renegade Americans.
Al
North Carolina

David & Donna Nichols wrote:

I bought this at an auction, it cost me more to get it home than anything
else, can somebody help identify it, the decription given was, 25' Riviera
Cruiser, steel plated hull, if somebody new where I could go to get the
plans it will save it from the scrap pile.

[Image]

[Image]