Jonathan

Default Ocean Planet joins online bidding frenzy!

Jonathan Wye
617-298-4555

www.bruceschwab.com

Thought this might be of interest to you and your readers.

A Different Tack on Auctions

Those of us who have been supporting solo Open 60 skipper Bruce
Schwab have been following with interest the publicity surrounding the
Ebay auctions of the San Francisco America’s cup efforts, and the Kan-Do
bid for the Volvo Race.

While resisting the urge to jump on and become another “me too”
we’ve sought a variation that would both harness the power of the net
and the immediacy of an Ebay Auction, and hopefully expand on the
grassroots support Ocean Planet has enjoyed from the start, and which
enabled her to and skipper Bruce Schwab to complete the 2002-2003 Around
Alone.

Noting that the other branding auctions were all or nothing
affairs, requiring pre-qualification to bid, we have decided on a format
which allows a variety of sponsorship options. While not as exciting as
trying to sell off the whole package for 1.5 million, a veritable
bargain compared to some of the major sailing efforts, these options
allow for a variety of participatory platforms, ranging from the sale of
a Billy Black aerial photo/poster of Ocean Planet, to a cross Atlantic
delivery trip to the start of the Vendee Globe.

Check out the possibilities at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ategory=26 43

and click “View Sellers other items” to see different opportunities.

Jonathan Wye

Glenn Ashmore

Why go half way? Anybody want to sponsor an America's Cup boat?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=26433

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com