mark

Default Inverter fuse/holder help

My wife bought me an 1750 watt Inverter at Canadian Tire. Good deal -
$299.00 Cdn (I think). Anyway...

I have all the appropriate guage wires (1/0), connectors, etc., but the
installation manual calls for a 250Adc fuse to connect next to (and between)
the batteries. Doing the math, I think I can get away with smaller (i.e.
200A) fuse, but regardless, they are still expensive. So far I have located
a few suppliers, but the prices are in the $75-$112 range. I do have a call
into a lifttruck company (and thinking perhaps golfcarts might be a source).

Does anyone have any suggestions on a source for a fuse and holder that is
less expensive?

Mark

Brian Whatcott

Suppliers of $300 devices do not customarilly reccomend $80 fuses to
safeguard their equipment. You are looking in the wrong places, I'd
say.
But I feel lazy tonight, so I won't do a search.
Anyway, $25 ought to do it, I'd think. Tops.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:15:48 -0400, "mark"
wrote:

My wife bought me an 1750 watt Inverter at Canadian Tire. Good deal -
$299.00 Cdn (I think). Anyway...

I have all the appropriate guage wires (1/0), connectors, etc., but the
installation manual calls for a 250Adc fuse to connect next to (and between)
the batteries. Doing the math, I think I can get away with smaller (i.e.
200A) fuse, but regardless, they are still expensive. So far I have located
a few suppliers, but the prices are in the $75-$112 range. I do have a call
into a lifttruck company (and thinking perhaps golfcarts might be a source).

Does anyone have any suggestions on a source for a fuse and holder that is
less expensive?

Mark

Greg Moore

Another choice is try the car audio guys. Inline fuse kits for car audio
amplifiers are much higher A then most auto parts stores sell. Look for
places that cater to the loud stereo crowd, just follow the distant 'thump
thump' sound to the store

I know I put one in for the kid a couple of years ago, it was quite cheap
and was meant to connect to #2 wire, it was only 100amp, but then it was one
of the smaller ones too. Many are available right up to #2/0 wire and at
least 200amp.

Greg