NOYB

Default OT Oh no! What next?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 03:07:12 +0000, NOYB wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

NOYB wrote in message
r.com...

snip
Ever been to Naples, Florida, Don?

been to Orlando, Tampa , St. Pete's Beach..etc. Close enough?

No, no, and no. Naples is unique.

Unique?? Like, the only one in the world?
http://document.itwg.com/en_napoli.asp

Lloyd

Anyone who has been to Naples, Italy, would only laugh at the
pretentiousness of inhabitants of Naples, Florida.

I have a buddy who plays pro basketball in Naples, Italy...and doesn't think
very highly of it. He has played/lived in several Italian and other
European cities, and Naples is near the bottom of the list of his favorite
places over there. He does choose to come to Naples, Florida for his
vacations however.

Joe Parsons

Could you please not post attachments to a text newsgroup? This one locked up
my system.

Joe Parsons

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 01:02:13 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

begin 666 spacer.gif
K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/___P```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$`0 ("1 $`.P``
`
end

Mark Browne

"NOYB" wrote in message
om...

snip

The majority of the people in Naples are retirees who already earned their
money and are bringing it down here in their retirement. The retirees now
are the baby boomers...a huge population with enormous wealth and very
little debt. An entire service population has grown as a result, and the
service industry feeds on the retirees. As long as the population

continues
to grow faster than attrition (ie--from people dying), the demand for
housing will grow. Over the past year, Collier County's population grew

by
almost 15%. Consequently, the demand for housing (expensive housing)

drove
the median price up more than 40%.

Is it sustainable? Probably not at the same rate of increase. However,
you'll never see a true "bust" where prices begin to fall. They'll just
level off until the next boom.

What Dr. Tooth says mirrors what I know of Florida.

So Backyard and Dr. Tooth, which is it?

http://www.google.com/groups?q=g:thl...ing.google.com

or what Dr. Tooth said above?

If this *is* just small pockets of old farts then housing prices will tumble
when:
1) These old folks die and the houses come up for sale.
2) The interest rates start to rise to more normal levels.

They may be old and rich, but they are not stupid.

Mark Browne

Henry Blackmoore

In article , "Lloyd Sumpter" wrote:

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:21:45 +0000, Don White wrote:

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse...what with the folly in Iraq,
Janet's tit, gay marriages and legalized marijuana. Now the 'Trailer Park

Boys'
may be invading your TV.

If you get the BBC America digital channel, keep an eye out. A local

production
company is ready to corrupt impressionable American youth with cussin', dirty
talk, smoking, drinking & lots of gun play. see ***
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/features/trailerpark/ ***

Wait a minute.......I think Americans taught us all the above vices.........
probably won't play too well in Florida or Texas....the program will seem too
ordinary...too lifelike.

Well, it's getting a little "close to home" for us: we're only 6 blocks from
Surrey, BC: Home of the Trailer-Park trash (and Hells Angels)...

But it can be funny!

Lloyd

Surly Surrey?

Henry Blackmoore

In article , "NOYB" wrote:

"Henry Blackmoore" wrote in message
link.net...
In article ,

(basskisser) wrote:
wrote in message
. com...
"Don White" wrote in message

NOYB wrote in message
om...

snip
Ever been to Naples, Florida, Don?

been to Orlando, Tampa , St. Pete's Beach..etc.
Close enough?

No, no, and no. Naples is unique.

I've spent 15 years in the Tampa Bay area, and I've spent a LOT of
time in Naples. I was there for seven months, I worked as a super for
a company that built shopping centers. Naples is unique, say, from St.
Pete, because there is a LOT of swamp people. They are the equivelent
of hillbillies.

Do they put those holes in their pumpkins like you do?

bassie prefers relatives. Young ones.

He must be kin to ol' Harry K. then?

Henry Blackmoore

In article , "NOYB" wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"NOYB" wrote in message

.com...
"Don White" wrote in message

NOYB wrote in message
om...

snip
Ever been to Naples, Florida, Don?

been to Orlando, Tampa , St. Pete's Beach..etc.
Close enough?

No, no, and no. Naples is unique.

I've spent 15 years in the Tampa Bay area, and I've spent a LOT of
time in Naples. I was there for seven months, I worked as a super for
a company that built shopping centers.

What shopping center did you help build?

Naples is unique, say, from St.
Pete, because there is a LOT of swamp people. They are the equivelent
of hillbillies.

Naples has one of the highest number of per capita millionaires (possible
the highest) in the country. Are you sure you've been to Naples?

He only visited one trailer home in the swamp while he was there....

Henry Blackmoore

In article , "NOYB" wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
Naples is unique, say, from St.
Pete, because there is a LOT of swamp people. They are the equivelent
of hillbillies.

As usual, your timing is impeccable. Just today, in the local paper:

Naples Daily News

To print this page, select File then Print from your browser

High home prices seemingly no barrier to buyers
By THERESA STAHL
April 10, 2004

The highest home prices in the state aren't keeping buyers away from
purchasing a piece of Southwest Florida.

[SNIP]

dadgum affluent swampbillies!

Henry Blackmoore

In article , thunder wrote:

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 01:02:13 +0000, NOYB wrote:

As usual, your timing is impeccable. Just today, in the local paper:

Naples Daily News

To print this page, select File then Print from your browser

Naples is a very nice town, so don't get me wrong, but that building
report is quite scary. I have witnessed many overheated building booms.
Bust is invariably part of the cycle. 40-50% price increases are not
healthy and not of long duration.

**** happens
Henry Blackmoore

In article , wrote:

Could you please not post attachments to a text newsgroup? This one locked up
my system.

Joe Parsons

Well why did you go looking at it?

Oh, You were not really wanting to look at it.
You just clicked on it so you could post a follow-up
and bitch about it eh?
And you got bit.
How fitting officer....

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 01:02:13 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

begin 666 spacer.gif
K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/___P```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$`0 ("1 $`.P``
`
end

Henry Blackmoore

In article , Harry Krause wrote:

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 03:07:12 +0000, NOYB wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

NOYB wrote in message
. rr.com...

snip
Ever been to Naples, Florida, Don?

been to Orlando, Tampa , St. Pete's Beach..etc. Close enough?

No, no, and no. Naples is unique.

Unique?? Like, the only one in the world?
http://document.itwg.com/en_napoli.asp

Lloyd

Anyone who has been to Naples, Italy, would only laugh at the
pretentiousness of inhabitants of Naples, Florida.

And of course being from Bum**** Maryland you are just one
laughing hyena eh?