BoatBanter.com

-   -   Good News, Good News, Good News (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/3974-good-news-good-news-good-news.html)

Ernie April 6th 04 06:52 PM

Good News, Good News, Good News

Maine
Though we had snow two days ago, my boat is coming out of storage tomorrow
morning and heading to Portland for repairs that Panther Run in Raymond
fowled up. Guys, remember the 17' Trophy owner that I complained a few
months ago, well the manufacturer agreed to pay for the repairs and my
nightmares are just about over. Thirty nine more days and I'll be fishing
the Saco River or from Wood Island Lighthouse to Kennebunk or from Wood
Island Lighthouse to Casco Bay in Portland. Will I be hooking fish you
might ask? I always do, but I don't give a darn. Being out there, inhaling
that sweet salty fresh air is all a man needs to be in Paradise. Hooking
mackerels, stripers, cusks, cods, haddocks, etc is only incidental. How
sweet it is....
Could I be getting spring fewer? Maybe, though I think it's more like the
call of the wild. Anyone out there experiencing the same?

Netsock April 6th 04 08:41 PM

Good News, Good News, Good News

Nice thoughts Ernie.

It is very nice here in Ohio as well, and I have been thinking about the
boats a lot.

I think Ill start with the Malibu this year at lake Cumberland (Ky) for a
nice scenic float close to shore. I too just love being on the
water...regardless of the circumstance. :)

When it really gets warm...that's when Ill break out the Rogers, and head to
Buckeye Lake, where I will promptly teach all those "hot boats" who the real
boss is. ;)

Guess I've got a sort of Jekyll/Hyde personality when it come to my boats...

Later.

--
-Netsock

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."
http://home.insight.rr.com/cgreen/

Don White April 6th 04 09:35 PM

Good News, Good News, Good News

Since it's right at the freezing mark with light snow coming down here in
Nova Scotia......no!
Another month before it's decent boating weather.

Henry Blackmoore April 6th 04 10:26 PM

In article , "Ernie" wrote:

Maine
Though we had snow two days ago, my boat is coming out of storage tomorrow
morning and heading to Portland for repairs that Panther Run in Raymond
fowled up. Guys, remember the 17' Trophy owner that I complained a few

Could I be getting spring fewer? Maybe, though I think it's more like the
call of the wild. Anyone out there experiencing the same?

Nope, cuz it's been Spring here for quite some time now... LOL

Don't forget new line and maintenance on your reels...

Henry Blackmoore April 6th 04 10:31 PM

In article , "Don White" wrote:

Since it's right at the freezing mark with light snow coming down here in
Nova Scotia......no!
Another month before it's decent boating weather.

The Bradford and other ornamental Pears have already bloomed and are leafing
out. The same goes for the Carolina Jasmine. My Blaze climbing Roses never
looked better. The 'Belinda's Dream' roses in my pots are truly amazing to
behold. The Redbud tree's still have some purple bloom (flowers) on em'.
I bought some 'New Gold' Lantana and 'Gold Star' Esperanza at a nursery
on Sunday to liven a bare spot up a bit.

And the mess o' Flounder and other fish that I caught (along with my first
case of sunburn) last week down in Sargent at the new cut surely tasted
good....

Ahhh Spring time along the Gulf Coast of Texas....

Don White April 6th 04 11:52 PM

Good News, Good News, Good News

Henry Blackmoore wrote in message
link.net...

The Bradford and other ornamental Pears have already bloomed and are

leafing
out. The same goes for the Carolina Jasmine. My Blaze climbing Roses

never
looked better. The 'Belinda's Dream' roses in my pots are truly amazing

behold. The Redbud tree's still have some purple bloom (flowers) on em'.
I bought some 'New Gold' Lantana and 'Gold Star' Esperanza at a nursery
on Sunday to liven a bare spot up a bit.

And the mess o' Flounder and other fish that I caught (along with my first
case of sunburn) last week down in Sargent at the new cut surely tasted
good....

Ahhh Spring time along the Gulf Coast of Texas....

This could be considered cruel & unusual punishment! Rub it in.

Henry Blackmoore April 6th 04 11:57 PM

In article , "Don White" wrote:

Henry Blackmoore wrote in message
hlink.net...

The Bradford and other ornamental Pears have already bloomed and are

leafing
out. The same goes for the Carolina Jasmine. My Blaze climbing Roses

never
looked better. The 'Belinda's Dream' roses in my pots are truly amazing

behold. The Redbud tree's still have some purple bloom (flowers) on em'.
I bought some 'New Gold' Lantana and 'Gold Star' Esperanza at a nursery
on Sunday to liven a bare spot up a bit.

And the mess o' Flounder and other fish that I caught (along with my first
case of sunburn) last week down in Sargent at the new cut surely tasted
good....

Ahhh Spring time along the Gulf Coast of Texas....

This could be considered cruel & unusual punishment! Rub it in.

Well you have ice fishing. I really enjoyed doing that in Canada some years
back. Nothing like a nice shanty, a tip-up and a pint of Peppermint
Schapps....

basskisser April 7th 04 12:29 PM

(Henry Blackmoore) wrote in message thlink.net...
In article , "Don White" wrote:

[...]

Ah, THAT'S where the mood swings, and wild, unfounded allegations come
from, your a drunkard.

Henry Blackmoore April 7th 04 05:31 PM

wrote:

[...]

That's "you're". Which would be a contraction form of "you are". If you
would leave the mary-jew-wana alone you would have no doubt picked up on this
by now.

And if you would pay attention better, I said "some years". That doesn't
mean recently. I have stated before that I have not touched alcohol for
14-plus years. I gave it up to set a better example for my children. I never
drank often or much when I did drink either. I am just not one for mood
altering substances. However I do have some fond memories of Schnapps
and ice-fishing. That was a blast. Get over it.

And a pint of Schnapps shared with a friend in an ice shanty hardly
constitutes getting drunk. It was more of a way of keeping warm. You
probably have never ice-fished before.

Sheesh. It's scary what marijuana abuse can do to the mind.

basskisser April 8th 04 03:16 PM

Good News, Good News, Good News

(Henry Blackmoore) wrote in message k.net...

wrote:

[...]

Sheesh, that's funny!! You can, because of one post about growing two
plants, instantly assume that someone smokes pot, is drug addled, is
still growing, is a drug addict, etc., etc., but when the shoe is on
the other foot, you instantly cry foul. What a piece of **** you are.