Tony Thomas

Default Lemon or just Poor Service

**** Poor dealer and bad luck.
Tranducer - bad cable happens and is no ones fault other than the
manufacturer of the cable.
Trolling motor bolts - dealer poor installation
Battery - dealer trying to get rid of older shop battery
Tilt & Trim - depends on where the short was - could be tracker installation
or dealer installation.
Tilt & Trim - probably due to the above short.

At least he is trying to fix it and not letting the boat lay for a month at
a time.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Slider Head" wrote in message
Back on April 12th I purchased a 2003 Bass Tracker Pro 165 from a boat
dealership in GA. Since that time, I have put it back in the shop 5
times....YES 5 TIMES !!! The first time, it was bum cables on my
transducer for my graph. Second time, it was stripped out trolling motor
bolts. Third time and the most glaring to me, a battery that come to
find out was a 17 month old battery their shop put in my 2003 bass boat.
Fourth time, the power tilt & trim had a short and was only working part
of the time. One week later & the fifth time, the power tilt & trim has
completely stopped working now. Makes me wonder if they did anything to
it earlier. So I ask for your honest opinions......Lemon or **** Poor
Service ?

YD

Rich Stern

Back on April 12th I purchased a 2003 Bass Tracker Pro 165 from a boat
dealership in GA. Since that time, I have put it back in the shop 5
times....YES 5 TIMES !!! The first time, it was bum cables on my
transducer for my graph. Second time, it was stripped out trolling motor
bolts. Third time and the most glaring to me, a battery that come to
find out was a 17 month old battery their shop put in my 2003 bass boat.
Fourth time, the power tilt & trim had a short and was only working part
of the time. One week later & the fifth time, the power tilt & trim has
completely stopped working now. Makes me wonder if they did anything to
it earlier. So I ask for your honest opinions......Lemon or **** Poor
Service ?

YD

The items that you describe are installed at the dealership. That's the
"freight and rigging" portion of Tracker's "national retail price" policy.

-- Rich Stern
www.nitroowners.com - The Nitro and Tracker Owners Web Site
www.mypontoon.com - The Pontoon Boat Web Site
www.fishingreportdatabase.com - The Fishing Report Database
www.mysporttrac.com - The Sport Trac Web Site

John

(Slider Head) wrote in message ...
Back on April 12th I purchased a 2003 Bass Tracker Pro 165 from a boat
dealership in GA. Since that time, I have put it back in the shop 5
times....YES 5 TIMES !!! The first time, it was bum cables on my
transducer for my graph. Second time, it was stripped out trolling motor
bolts. Third time and the most glaring to me, a battery that come to
find out was a 17 month old battery their shop put in my 2003 bass boat.
Fourth time, the power tilt & trim had a short and was only working part
of the time. One week later & the fifth time, the power tilt & trim has
completely stopped working now. Makes me wonder if they did anything to
it earlier. So I ask for your honest opinions......Lemon or **** Poor
Service ?

YD

It sounds like the dealer could be the problem. They probably damaged
the transducer cable when they installed it. The stripped out bolts,
them as well. The battery, was it previously installed in , say,
another boat 17 months ago? Did the dealler just buy it 17 months ago?
Or was it factory installed? If it was un-used, it's fine, if it was
from another boat, not good, if it came from the factory, no problem,
it takes time to move a boat down a production line as well as deliver
the battery to the factory. The tilt and trim, was the engine
delivered from the factory installed, or did the dealer install it?
Whoever installed it screwed up the wiring as well as the other
things.