Smith K. John

Default Anchormate or MinnKota Anchor Winch

I have a 15' basic boat (doesn't come with floor, only benches like the
rental one), wondering if it is good idea to install an Anchormate or
MinnKota elec winch? the problem is I don't know where to put it as my boat
doesn't come with any flat ply wood.. any suggestions?

Also, I read an article saying most people would put the anchor at the bow,
is it possible to install it at the back?

Thanks for help.

Joseph Stachyra

Hi: I installed the bow mounted anchormate mate and LOVE IT. I could
have bought, a electric outfit, but found, most outside electrical stuff on
boats fail early in their ,life time, thus I went with the manual operation.
The anchormate, raises my 18lb anchor easy, and quietly you turn a knob
and the anchor goes down quickly or slowly depending on you, using the knob
as a brake for speed. The good part is no more mud in the boat, no more
loose line on the floor of the boat. In the past, I had $600 downriggers
that got water in them, and that was that.

"Smith K. John" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I have a 15' basic boat (doesn't come with floor, only benches like the
rental one), wondering if it is good idea to install an Anchormate or
MinnKota elec winch? the problem is I don't know where to put it as my

boat
doesn't come with any flat ply wood.. any suggestions?

Also, I read an article saying most people would put the anchor at the

bow,
is it possible to install it at the back?

Thanks for help.

Smith K. John

Thanks for answering... Is yours the Anchormate I or II? I am also
worrying about trailering on the road, Will the 18lb anchor bang on my boat
or make a lot of noises on the highway?

"Joseph Stachyra" wrote in message
news
[...]

Calif Bill

"Smith K. John" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
[...]

A 10# danforth type anchor would be sufficient for a 15' boat. My 14' tin
boat runs an 8# and is OK. Just build an anchor roller for the bow and you
can pull the anchor from the back of the boat. DO NOT anchor the boat from
the back! A big wave comes up and you swamp because the boat does not ride
over the wave, it hits a flat surface and spashes over in to the boat. I
looked at them at one time, but I think it only has 30' or so of line. If
any current, and the water is over 5' deep, you are looking at problems
anchoring.
Bill