Shortwave Sportfishing

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:59:00 -0400, "D-unit" wrote:

"HankCoen" wrote in message
My Canon downrigger has a very strong buzz coming up from the wire through
the whole unit. I know this is acceptable and a common problem and the

fish
can't hear it but I can. Any one have a way to quiet this down. I have

tried
rubber pads between the downrigger and the mount but not much change.

??

Crank the music up man. Works for me.

Heh - I get lots of annoyed looks when I'm fishing on the local lakes
- I usually have WEEI Boston Sports Talk Radio blasting away as I
fish. It's pretty funny.

Later,

Tom

Bill McKee

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 01:29:13 GMT, "Bill McKee"

. ..
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:43:28 GMT, "HankCoen"
wrote:

My Canon downrigger has a very strong buzz coming up from the wire
through
the whole unit. I know this is acceptable and a common problem and the
fish
can't hear it but I can. Any one have a way to quiet this down. I have
tried
rubber pads between the downrigger and the mount but not much change.

Are you using coated wire or straight SS?

The coated wire will quiet down the buzz - you will still hear it but
it won't be as annoying.

I've never actually gotten rid of the buzz entirely.

Running spectra will stop the buzz. Or adding a bungee crod between the
wire and the boat, seems to help.

I might try the spectra. I did the bungee thing and it didn't work.

Put 10' or so of very heavy mono at the end. Allows ou to clip on the
release with out it sliding.

Speaker Buzz need help!! Chris Cruising 10 April 30th 05 01:14 PM
Mercruiser alternator wire overheating - engine stops - tip Dick Harper General 0 September 23rd 04 07:07 AM
If you have to solder engsol Cruising 6 June 1st 04 03:53 AM
Battery wire sprokkie Electronics 5 February 13th 04 08:57 PM
Battery wire Earl Haase Electronics 0 February 12th 04 02:30 PM