NOYB

Default OT--That was cooperation?

Syria says it ends military cooperation with U.S.
ABC News, 5/24/05

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Syria said on Tuesday it had ended military and
intelligence cooperation with the United States due to "unfair" U.S.
accusations that Syria was doing too little to stop foreign fighters from
entering neighboring Iraq.

Imad Moustapha, Syria's ambassador in Washington, said Syria was willing to
cooperate with the United States on all levels, including military and
intelligence, but not in light of the American accusations. The action
reflected a further deterioration in the U.S.-Syrian relationship.

State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said Moustapha's comments were
"certainly a step in the wrong direction," noting any cooperation Syria had
been providing was "minimal and sporadic."

"I wouldn't say that they've cut off any particular regular and ongoing
operation because there just hasn't been regular and ongoing cooperation,"
Boucher added.

Moustapha said in an interview with CNN: "We are trying to tell the United
States, 'We are willing to engage with you constructively. We want a good
relationship with you. But you have to stop this unfair media campaign
against Syria."'

"We do not want to be cooperating with the Americans on one front while
being lambasted and attacked by the Americans on the other front," Moustapha
said.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=786814

Syria has never cooperated with the war on terror...but it's a safe bet that
the next front in the war will soon open on their doorstep.

Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM
Credible journalism or a touch of bias -- OT John H General 29 December 30th 03 11:08 AM
Who is the liar now! Clonton/Gore/Bobsprit Capetanios Oz Twin ASA 6 November 16th 03 09:05 AM