JK

Default Mitch Craft project boat

OK guys,
I acquired a 1985 17 ft Mitch Craft open fishing, CC (made by Russ
Mitchell boats in Sarasota,FL.) with a late 50 hp Force on it.

It's a nice style hull that i've been looking to get for years to fish
around the flats here in SW FL.

Problem---- There in No Capacity or Horsepower plate on this boat and I
would like to Upgrade the engine after I freshen up the hull etc.

The hull, stringers, transom are all solid.

How big of an engine can this boat take ? Is there a Formula to figure
this out ?

I can't find any info on the web on this hull at all ;-(

TIA, Joe

Harry.Krause wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2005 00:58:25 -0400, (JK) wrote:

OK guys,
I acquired a 1985 17 ft Mitch Craft open fishing, CC (made by Russ
Mitchell boats in Sarasota,FL.) with a late 50 hp Force on it.

I had on of these as a young child, except mine had a Merc 250 on it.

Have you seen my driveway?

Me and the wife
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/harkra...bum?.dir=/1323

Smithers, it's so sad to watch your desperate cry for attention. It's
also a shame that because you've resorted to such lowly tactics that
even you buddy NOYB won't have anything to do with you.

John H

(JK) wrote:

OK guys,
I acquired a 1985 17 ft Mitch Craft open fishing, CC (made by Russ
Mitchell boats in Sarasota,FL.) with a late 50 hp Force on it.

I had on of these as a young child, except mine had a Merc 250 on it.

Have you seen my driveway?

Me and the wife
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/harkra...bum?.dir=/1323

Smithers, it's so sad to watch your desperate cry for attention. It's
also a shame that because you've resorted to such lowly tactics that
even you buddy NOYB won't have anything to do with you.

Can you not see that responding to him simply encourages his behavior? When a
two year old finds that a tantrum is successful in attracting attention, he will
continue throwing tantrums.
John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

JK

John H,
Thanks for the address,but i've been told thats not the same Mitch Craft
!

This company has been out of business for some time now.

The only other one I have seen in the past 5-10 years was sporting a 70
hp Evinrude.

Thanks anyway, Joe

JamesgangNC

At least if it does not have a plate you're not going to get a ticket for
having it overpowered. Look at the limits on contemporary similar sized
boats and go from there. How high do you want to go?

"JK" wrote in message
John H,
Thanks for the address,but i've been told thats not the same Mitch Craft
!

This company has been out of business for some time now.

The only other one I have seen in the past 5-10 years was sporting a 70
hp Evinrude.

Thanks anyway, Joe

JK

JamesgangNC Said:
How high do you want to go ?
I'm thinking that 70 hp may be the limit on this boat.
Was curious as many moons ago,someone on this group posted a link to the
Coast Guard or some such link (?)
where you put in your boats length-beam-
etc, and it gave you the max HP figure for that boat.
Thanks, Joe