BoatBanter.com

-   -   Work, work, work..... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/38784-work-work-work.html)

[email protected] May 18th 05 05:47 PM

Work, work, work.....

Off to try out that new forward-facing drive system. There's a Tiara in
town for water demos of this new technology.

After taking a few spins around the bay, I'll report my observations
this eve. or tomorrow.

NOYB May 18th 05 06:04 PM

"Harry.Krause" wrote in message
Off to try out that new forward-facing drive system. There's a Tiara in
town for water demos of this new technology.

After taking a few spins around the bay, I'll report my observations
this eve. or tomorrow.

Bang into a rock and let us know what happens.

LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

It must be nice to boat in water deep enough that you don't have to worry
about timing your trips with the tide.

The Snapper Trapper May 18th 05 07:28 PM

Here is a picture of the IPS system. At the bottom right is a link to a
media PR presentation. It reminds me of the old saildrive system used on
sailboats. It is a combination of inboard with an I/O outdrive on the
bottom of the boat. Definitely not for shallow water boating. ; )

http://www.volvo.com/volvopenta/glob...ts/ips/ips400/

ink.net...

John H May 18th 05 08:14 PM

On 18 May 2005 09:47:37 -0700, wrote:

Off to try out that new forward-facing drive system. There's a Tiara in
town for water demos of this new technology.

After taking a few spins around the bay, I'll report my observations
this eve. or tomorrow.

Do it. Let us know. You know, if you would put the manufactures web site in your
article somewhere, it would save us some searching to find pics of whatever
you're reviewing.

Just a suggestion.
--
John H