I like the idea of the valve and hose, but I have two questions:

1) How do you fish the hose through the drain plug?

2) What do you do about the oil filter?

I don't put that many hours on my boat a year so I just figured that I
could skip a year on oil changes. The process on my boat was easy
enough to go through once every two years.

Chris

Bill McKee

On my boat, it is easy to get to the drain hole and the hose is clipped to
the back of the engine area to make it easy to get to. I can reach my oil
filter, but you could install a remote filter.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I like the idea of the valve and hose, but I have two questions:

1) How do you fish the hose through the drain plug?

2) What do you do about the oil filter?

I don't put that many hours on my boat a year so I just figured that I
could skip a year on oil changes. The process on my boat was easy
enough to go through once every two years.

Chris

*JimH*

wrote in message
ups.com...
I like the idea of the valve and hose, but I have two questions:

1) How do you fish the hose through the drain plug?

2) What do you do about the oil filter?

I don't put that many hours on my boat a year so I just figured that I
could skip a year on oil changes. The process on my boat was easy
enough to go through once every two years.

Chris

Sorry I cannot answer your questions but just offering a word of advice:
Even if you don't put that many hours on an engine you should still change
the oil at least once/year, preferably just before winter layover.

Netsock

wrote in message
ups.com...
I like the idea of the valve and hose, but I have two questions:

1) How do you fish the hose through the drain plug?

I use the clear 3/4" tubing. It fits perfectly thru the 1" drain holes. Yes,
you still have to get into the engine compartment to feed it thru.

2) What do you do about the oil filter?

If its a rough set up (like my Malibu is), I install a remote filter, like
this one http://mysite.verizon.net/vze54tx9/id16.html

I can then mount the filter in an easily accessible place, like out in the
open, on the inside of the transom.

Good luck.

--
-Netsock

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."
http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/